Innovative new barrier training method

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Jez, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Jez

Jez Gold Member

As the year for our babies kicked over I realised.....my weanlings had become yearlings and theyre not even weaned - which got me to thinking....

WHAT a great way to barrier train them! I think the stewards should have no objection to racehorses bringing their mummies along for a quick suckle for comfort before they go out and a quick drink when they cross the line - you could line up the mummies at the finish post...first one here gets milk!

What do you think, should I a) suggest this to the turf club as an innovation or b) wean the yearlings....?

2. pso

pso Gold Member

Can you record it when you suggest it to the stewards? (video and audio please!) :D

3. Jez

Jez Gold Member

ROFLMAO PSO...I once asked one of them if Ritalin for ADHD horses was a banned substance.......he looked at me for a few seconds then laughed...(mental note to self..do not torment the stewards!)

4. pso

pso Gold Member

They (the stewards) actually love the attention!

5. Aussie Cowgirl

Aussie Cowgirl Active Member

i think if our boss said anything like that he would probably get another $5000 fine...
    hehe but good idea jez.

6. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Yeh but im much better looking than louie.

7. Aussie Cowgirl

Aussie Cowgirl Active Member

yep, everyone is prettier than the ding!!!

hehe, if i sid that to him i would get a smack fair around the back of the head.

8. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Everyone except.............ahhhhhhhh no wont go there on a public forum....he believes his own publicity too much anyway....