Information on your ex-race horses

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Shiobhan, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Shiobhan

Shiobhan Well-known Member

I wont clog up another topic.

If your looking for stewards reports on horses if they have raced in WA that you know.

http://cris.waturf.org.au/scripts/ws.exe/syturf/findinfo.hts?

and where it has Display Race and Trial Performances enter your horses race name. It will then list all its known WA starts. You can click the link where it ran. It will then bring up the race for that day and its results. Down the bottom there is normally a section for Stewards Reports.

*edit to add* the site above will not stay they are moving to this site

Please note I was just shown there is a new WA CRIS site
    Customer Racing Information Service

you can bookmark this one as your horse search for WA stats as this will replace the other one I put up before.

To find if your horse had an Embargo against it. (embargo is a warning/ban anything naughty or medically noticed like its a bleeder or roarer etc)
    Go to this site type in its name and click embargos it will give you when it happened, what happened and which steward declared it. And if it was re instated. It can also give a gear list of what your horse was raced in eg blinkers, winkers tongue tie or special shoes. It will also give you the first 3 starts of all eastern state horses.

Horse Search

To get form on most horses I think there is a site called ozform which is free. I use one called RSB but its a subscription one.

If you would like to know some information on your horses. REply to here and I'll do my best to help you. Sometimes I can even find photo finishes of them.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  2. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

my horse only trialled 4 times; Slideon.

i did manage to see his trial performances (omg, 8th! haha) and clicked out to find his ID certificate (which i have printed). is this the one i use if i want to show him inhand?

i am also interested in his dad, Old Spice, and his mum, Beneficial Rain. i see a few old spice babies around.

where is the Embargo stuff? i can't find it on CRIS???

wait, i've got it, heh.. bit slow.

3. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

oh, i'm on this page: Renamed Horses

what does the H mean under sex?

obviously M-mare G-gelding, filly, colt etc...

also, a lot of these renamed horses are quite old - does that mean a horse CAN have a name change, even after it's finished racing?

sorry for all the qstns...

4. samm

samm Gold Member

H= horse ,meaning entire or a stallion.

5. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

ah, thanks samm!

6. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

Holy hell Giles has heaps-Rooftop Grosve.
    Whats a tongue tie? Or do I want to know??

7. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Pockets, a tongue tie is a band that is used to tie the horses tongue down, effectively preventing it from getting its tounge over the bit. Basically it gives the rider more control over the horse.

Dont worry, its nothing to be worried about, and is commonly used in both thoroughbred and standardbred racing :)

8. samm

samm Gold Member

A tongue tie is exactly that.Its ties the tongue down so the horses doesnt get it back and cut off the wind for racing or to stop it getting the tongue over the bit.Usually a stocking or a very wide rubber band is used.

9. Shiobhan

To stop a horse choking on its tongue its tied down to its bottom jar with either some panty hose stocking, a real deal tongue tie from the shops general in leather. Or a rubber band. They are design to hold it forward in the mouth so a horse cant accidently swollow its tongue while galloping or stop a horse from putting its tongue over the bit.

They generally do no harm but Ive seen the odd one or two put on way to tight.

10. Shiobhan

[​IMG]

We use a thick rubber band as we feel its more gentle. It was used on this horse to stop him putting his tongue over the bit. But I have used it on some others who choke they kind of forget to breath and get relaxed in the jaw so the tongue flips back and blocks the throat.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  11. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

Oh ok sounds worse than it is! If he goes nuts on me one of you girls might have to show me how to rig one up ;) Thanks for the pic-got it now!! Interesting the things you learn on Stockies!!

12. Ace

Ace Well-known Member

Thanks for the link Shiobhan

Just looked at my old horses horse record, 4 trials and was 5-8, 10-10, 8-9 and 7-7. He was slower than I thought!

Cheers

Bec

13. speedshot

speedshot New Member

Wow! This is great, I knew you could see how many start they had etc but I didn't know you could see the stewarts report, from the couple I looked at it looks like my boy was pretty good, however he did seem to get pushed out of the way abit- Which is exactly what he is like now (a big sook!)

- going to have to spend some time looking through all of them!:)*

14. deschuur

deschuur Gold Member

Thanks for that link:)

Can't find anything under Paris's racing name, although I did find her in the Horse Search Link.

Found Cindy's though, very interesting - not much of a racehorse though.

15. Jess&Sabby

Jess&Sabby Well-known Member

wow sabby won in his 8 years of racing with Starts: 32 1st: 6 2nd: 3 3rd: 2 4th: 1 UP: 20 Total Won: $215,040
    good race horsey hehe .

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  16. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Its a link i use quite often, looking up details of horses i hear about, lol.

The TB gelding i had was Sea Gambler, he came to me directly after his last race, as a 10yo in May 2003. Shio knows his trainer, whim i got him from, Kerry in Lancelin.
    http://cris.waturf.org.au/scripts/ws.exe/syturf/horseprf.hts?name=sea+gambler

His stats:
    Starts:821st:42nd:103rd:94th:7UP:52Total Won:$79,662

Then there's Ohio, which i gave to stockies member Ali.... he was bred by Emirates over East.
    He last raced in 2005, then came straight to York, to a mate of Ray's for pleasure riding.
    http://cris.waturf.org.au/scripts/ws.exe/syturf/horseprf.hts?horse=49839

& Horse Information Page
    Starts:641st:72nd:113rd:74th:9UP:30Total Won:$143,555

Horse Information Page

17. Shiobhan

Kerry is great Remaani. She ended up selling Max that big horse we had but Sally the lady trainer in Esperance took him back lol so his still with people he knows lol

Please note I was just shown there is a new WA CRIS site
    Customer Racing Information Service

you can bookmark this one as your horse search for WA stats as this will replace the other one I put up before.

18. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

Not sure if anyone has actually posted this already, but what site do you go to if your horse raced over east?

Or if anyone can look up Jericho's Boy for me? :)

My other horse Pete barely got any mentions in the stewards reports because he was so cr*p! LOL

19. dustyandbucky

dustyandbucky Active Member

Turnbuckle (AUS) 2001

Life Number: AUS00784535 chestnut gelding Date of Birth: 22/10/2001

Microchip Number: N/A DNA Typed: Y

by Piccolo (GB) 1991

from Ring Card Girl (AUS) 1996

bred by Mr T Donnini, Qld

thats my boy

20. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

remaani, that seems like a lot of starts for not all that much $$