Info on Colour Bon

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by GraffittiPaintHorses, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Hi all

I was wondering if anyone had some info on Colour Bon,(BON) PHAA no. 2404.

I have a paint gelding by him and would like a bit of background info on him.
    I have a little info and a picture of him at the royal show.

Anything you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.. **)

2. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I just know he's in Brookton area, lol.

Hmm he was shown a bit in the Pinto classes yrs ago, maybe contact the Pinto Registar, im sure she may know of him & him out showing & whatnot.

Theres a stallion by him here in York too.

3. madison

madison Well-known Member

I'm pretty sure he is in the Armadale area now but if you pm ZaZa she will be able to tell you where he is I think

4. Jane_lee

Jane_lee Active Member

Colour Bon was owned by Cath and Bill Clunning from Collie and won lots af champion stallion and colt awards in the paint classes, back in the 80's he was a lovely looking horse:)*

5. Mouse

Mouse Well-known Member

Colour Bon passed away last year. He was owned by Kath & Bill for a long time so any info you should be able to get from Kath.

6. Colour Bon..

Thanks all for the info. Does anyone know to get into contact with Kath and Bill.

I would love to be able to get some nice pics of this loveky boy. This is the only one that i have.

Thanks a million.

View attachment 3695

7. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I got this info on Colour Bon, like i said if you contact the Pinto Registrar, you'll get the info ;). (PM me for details)

Colour Bon or Pintana Colour Bon is his Pinto name.
    He was owned by the Clunings, who sold the stallion years ago!!!!!! He was sold to a Richard Potter in Yarloop & he is the one who registered him Pinto in 1991. The Cornick family bought him in 1993 & showed him as a Pinto.
    Evan & Michelle Dolden of Pingelly bred the stallion that is owned locally & they have had Colour Bon for about the last 9yrs & were probably his last owners. Any progeny from about 1990 was bred by one of those three people & not the Clunings. Colour Bon was born in 1981 so was not THAT old, but any progeny less than 18yrs old was NOT bred by the Clunings!!!!!

8. gypsy bon

gypsy bon New Member

hi,
    just reading your post what would you like to know about colour bon? mrs cath clunning who bred colour bon lives down the road from me and i see her on a regular basis, i currently have my mare agisted at her property who is also from colour bon and out of richard potters Koolinda park checkmate. so i should be able to help you

9. valdez

valdez Well-known Member

I just sold a paint gelding by Colour bon, he was the most quiet lovely horse i have ever had the pleasure of dealing with :)

10. gypsy bon

gypsy bon New Member

family tree

hi any one with any pics or info on any foals from colour bon can please forward them to me i would like to make a family tree of his progeny!

11. OMG

Thanks for the replies people.

Made my day!!!

I would love to know just the general info about him and his foals. I have some foal pics of 2 of his fillies and would love to put names to their faces.

Thanks

GPH :)*

Indiana by Colour Bon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ClubIgnite

ClubIgnite Well-known Member

Edward from Ed Lockyer floats had him in his last days, his last 2 fillies were conceived when he was 26yo, he died at 27yo, about 2 years ago now.

They are both solids, one chestnut and 1 grey and are about 3yo's now.
    He was a lovely old boy.

13. Her are the two fillies that i have pictures of.

I have pictures of two of his boys but know who they are called Sleek the Elite and Bon Montage.

This one was called Tiffany
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And she was called Zoe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers

GPH

14. gypsy bon

gypsy bon New Member

Colour bon,

Hi guys thanks for the pics, i think it would be easier if if you emaild me any pics of horses by colour bon and can you please include, if known the year they were born, so that i can creat a time line please.

email: nlb1782@live.com.au

and title it with 'COLOUR BON' please

thank you

15. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I've got a beautiful mare by Colour of Me, who was by Colour Bon out of Pintessa. DOB of mare is 1997. Her dam side is QH

[​IMG]

She has recently been PTIF to the magnificent Torridon Emir :D:D:D

This mare stands at 15.3 and has beautiful bone :D

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  16. valdez

valdez Well-known Member

"Sleek the Elite"

this is the gelding i have just sold :)

He certainly stamped his progeny, they all look the same!!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  17. gypsy bon

gypsy bon New Member

i just got my mare back from torridon lodge as well, and she is also from colour bon, wot a small world ! i put gypsy to the baron, coz i am after something a little more atheletic coz gypsy is so bulky QHorsey!

18. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Ummmm I was the person that was there on the day you picked your mare up!!!! Geez hey :D I'd gone to take some pony pics and yes....I had a GOOD look at your mare **)

19. gypsy bon

gypsy bon New Member

how do ya post pics?

20. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member