Imperial Floats

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Arfy, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Shakia

Shakia Well-known Member

Had mine for just over a year and I still love it :)

2. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

love ours :) we will be upgrading to 3 horse camper in next few months!

3. Monkey

Monkey Well-known Member

I brought a demo model last year, its the 2008 modeland still looks like new i havent had any problems what so ever.

4. taeliesyn

taeliesyn Well-known Member

3 years now and still happy with it :)

5. Bundy Horse Floats

Bundy Horse Floats New Member

It's really good to hear you are all still happy with your floats. Makes me feel much better about possibly being a dealer for these floats :D

6. Ants

Ants Well-known Member

Ive had mine for 6 months now, and very happy with it except for a bit of dust getting in ( i have 35km of gravel). It stays out pretty well in the horse area with the pop up open and windows shut, but its getting into the tack area in the front. Should be easily fixed though - tighten up the hinges and maybe a little more foam. But just thought id mention it :)

7. Ants

Ants Well-known Member

Cheers - thats what i was trying to say :)

8. misskel

misskel Well-known Member

I have an imperial and I love it to bits BUT my naughty horses have chewed and torn the padding on the dividers :mad:

SO I was thinking how much better they would be it the padding went only to the shoulder of the animal and not all the way to the end of the divider. that is my only gripe. Apart from that it tows perfectly and its a great looking float..

Big :)* to Imperial!!!!

9. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Do you tie your horses up to prevent this? I've never heard of a horse chewing the padding!

10. PetaBizz

PetaBizz Well-known Member

I also had a horse which pretty much ate the padding in my float whilst tied up #( Not happy Jan!

11. misskel

I do tie my horses up. But unless the lead is 2cm long, which they need a certain amount of head movement they can still chew.. Go have a look at mist angle floats that cart TB's and you'll see so many dividers are chewed....

12. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

There's a first for everything Misskel - no need to prove a point. I believe you.

But I LOVE my horses :p, I would cry if they ate my padding! haha

13. PetaBizz

PetaBizz Well-known Member

Im a fan of 2cm tie ups cause I really like my padding! Not much fun driving down the road and seeing your padding flying out the back..:mad: Norty Norty ponies*#)

14. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

Hey we have had TBs for 20 years never tie them up on the float and have never had them chew anything.

15. RustyRidge Clydesdales

RustyRidge Clydesdales Well-known Member

I know it's naughty and not funny!!! But lol at the vision :D I used to have a float with open sides and would watch my mare get a mouth full of hay then stick her head out and let it go!! She did this the whole way to Perth!! Pmsl

16. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

i have seen a divider completely stripped of its padding on one side from a naughty pony getting bored :p (not mine!)

17. misskel

Soirry Arnie I wasnt trying to prove a point. Maybe as most of my horses are 2y/o TB's or racehorses they might chew more due to nerves than the average horse... I've never tied horses up in my old 2 horse straight load and never had a problem but the angle load they can move around a lot more I guess... All I know is that every divider is chewed and I'm devastated :(

I fix them up with strong duct tape and new foam every now and then so not really the end of the world I guess....

I even had a pre trainer put her head through my float roof..... Dont get me started on that lol :D

18. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Oh dear! I can totally understand in that industry the nervy horses that would like to take it out on the padding :p.

Head through the roof :eek:! Is the horse ok??? LOL oops!

19. misskel

Yes she is fine, my float is not *#)

20. Purdey

Purdey Active Member

*bumping*
    Im looking at buying an imperial float. Thoes that have them, how have they held up over the years? Any rust or other issues? ';'