Imperial Floats

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Arfy, Apr 5, 2009.

1. finding_nemo

finding_nemo Active Member

My new Apache angled warmblood double float has just been weighed and licenced and it weighed in at 1400kgs. This is about the same length as a stock standard triple if that gives you any idea. We were told it would only weigh about 1200kgs but by the time you add rug racks, tack box etc it came in way over. We now have to buy a new car with a tow capacity of 3500kgs. Beware of what websites etc say.

2. bootedendurance

bootedendurance New Member

The two I know of one got a refund and returned the float and the other is still in negotiations.

3. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

We bought a brand-new Imperial a few weeks ago (been keeping that one quiet!) from Jesse Creek and we are pretty stoked with ours :)

4. barragirl

barragirl Active Member

I just had more fantastic service from Jesse creek. Took mine in for its first free service, he replaced bearings, tail lights (faded) and wheel nuts (little bit rusty) for free. Trevor is great, I didn't ask him to do this, but he has pride in his product just replaced them. Couldn't be happier.

5. foxleigh stud

foxleigh stud Active Member

It would concern me that all these items had to be replaced at the first service!!!! My Aussie made Topline float does heaps of kms and only needed basic services nothing ever required replacing and after about 5 years is still superb. Worth the extra $$ for sure

6. barragirl

barragirl Active Member

Point being made foxleigh is not that the parts Needed to be replaced (as they didnt) it was that these items were replaced due to pride of product and better parts being made, therefore upgrading mine.

Which to me is awesome service.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  7. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

Owned our float for just over 3 years now and have not had a problem ;)

Has sat out in the weather (as we dont have a shed built for it just yet) and is not rusty at all. Very happy with it.

8. luffy

luffy Active Member

Just a word of caution, it doesn't matter if your car is rated to tow 3500kg if the float doesn't have brakes on all four wheels, a break away break system, and axles 45mm or greater it is not allowed to be over 2000kg (fully loaded).