Imperial Floats wa Horse Agility WA State Championships

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Horseagilitywa, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Horseagilitywa

Horseagilitywa Well-known Member

31 May to 1st June

Classes for beginners to those that want to ride obstacles to those that can do liberty.

Held under cover, camping facilities available.

Classes:

Pre-lim (for those that haven't done agility before or are just starting out, or starter level for International Horse agility, or those that haven't passed pre-lim) - In Hand

Wildfire - In hand course for those with a disability, unfortunately on sand so hard for wheel chair access) - in hand

Level one classes - for those that have passed their pre-lim certificate, or for those that are in first level of International Horse Agility) In Hand.

Open Classes - (one is judged for points towards International Horse Agility Real time comps) In Hand

Ridden obstacles

Equaagility - half is in hand or at liberty other half is ridden, max points for at liberty and riding in a string.

LIBERTY

AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE COUNTRY A JUDGE FULLY LIBERTY COMPETITION!!!!

2. Horseagilitywa

Wondering if anyone does Liberty here?

3. Kodas Karen

Kodas Karen New Member

Yes at home in the round yard with my baby. This competition sounds wonderful.......is there a web site I can go to so I can have a good look?

Thanks,
    Karen.

4. Kodas Karen

Kodas Karen New Member

No matter...just read at the bottom of your post!!! LOL!

5. Horseagilitywa

LOL easy to miss.
    Our next challenge day is this sunday at Morangup, between Toodyay and Gidgegannup

Edited to add, fencesitters are always free, they have to bring drinking water and snacks.
    Tea and coffee available

6. Horseagilitywa

7. Kodas Karen

Kodas Karen New Member

So lovely!!!!

8. Horseagilitywa

9. Horseagilitywa

Limited spots in Beginner (Pre-Lim 3 spots), open International horse agility (4 spots), Ridden (2 spots left), Equagility (4 spots) other open classes both have 1 spot each.

Whew filling already, does make it easier to allocate spots though :D

10. RVP Horses

RVP Horses Well-known Member

This is being held a long way out of Perth isn't it.

Would love to get involved with this, especially the liberty but I pretty sure it's too far away.

11. Horseagilitywa

Sorry that 2 hours is abit far for Perth People. :confused:

We have people coming from Geraldton and Albany to the Kellerberrin State Champs.

There is a group in Mandurah, Morangup is 50mins towing a float from Claremont showgrounds. Northam is 1 and half hours from Claremont showgrounds. And we have people coming from Serpentine to be at the Northam and Morangup one on a regular basis. They also attend other groups one being in Mandurah.

A little too far?

12. Horseagilitywa

My apologies RVP its 3hrs for you to Northam, so yes bit far for one day.

States abit different as its well the States ;)

With what you do, you should set up a group.
    Plus I love your highlands.... my friend breeds them in NZ

13. RVP Horses

RVP Horses Well-known Member

If I was already competing and getting seriously involved then I would make the journey especially if I can get 3 or 4 horses ready. It would be at least 3 hours with the truck so just to see how my young guy (2 1/2)goes for his first outing (never having done agility before.... me or him lol)... yep a bit far. I have to admit I went to one down at Baldivis to have a look and would definitely never be doing liberty with my stallion in that arena. As much as he stays with me most of the time there is always a chance with a stallion they will leave and having other horses on adjoining wire fences I wouldn't take the risk. In fact they didn't even have a liberty class I don't think, whereas I have seen some of the youtube clips from your comps and the facilities seem better selected.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  14. Horseagilitywa

Horses are still horses and no matter their training they still have their own brain.
    I haven't seen the facilities at Baldivis.

The arena's in Northam (way to far for you;-)) are only taped inside a normal fenced paddock.
    But to cater for the 2 colts that do come, the whole paddock is emptied. Online as normal for horse shows.
    Morangup is a much better set up and when I grow up I want her set up.

You can do it online with the International Horse Agility Club.

Hopefully other groups will set up closer to you.
    We will be slowing our comps down after the States as we just have to big a waiting lists for the Challenge and clinic days. We actually have no idea what to do about it as people seem to like the structure we have, but there are other agility groups.
    I had 9 on people on the waiting list for last sunday. And we had 17 attend... lesson learnt we will NOT be holding them that big again!!!!!!
    It was far too hard, we will stick to our 12 People max, no matter how hard people beg lol.

Especially the Liberty stuff, we have 2 people whom have passed Level 1, and one person who rides in a string.

15. Horseagilitywa

So we are ready to go, 10 million spreadsheets later...

helpers sorted...

Competitors sorted....

Dollars sorted....

Kelleberrin sorted....

I can't thank the Kellerberrin lot enough for all their help.

now the count down 18 sleeps to go... all classes full....

Whew lol, next time we are talked into this....
    :rolleyes: someone remind me that i don't like spreadsheets *#)