i nsuring my horse

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by skybellie, Jun 24, 2002.

1. skybellie

skybellie New Member

does any one know of some name or web sites that insur horses. i want to insur my horse and i want ot know the best person or company and at a afforable price as i do not have a lot of money at the moment if you could please help me htat would be great.

2. blondie

blondie New Member

West Farmers used to but that was a couple of years ago.
    There is an ad for insurance in Hoofbeats - hang on...
    AIS Inurance Brokers - 1300-300-715
    or email: insure@aisinsurance.com.au

3. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

I enquired with AIS last year when I *almost* brought a horse. They were pretty helpful, and gave me the best quote for a pleasure horse out of the other places I looked at. But then again, that was a while ago!

Danielle

4. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

I have my horses insured with AIS and I have found them to be good and they are quite competitive pricing wise. But I must admit I have never had to make a claim yet! A friend of mine in the UK had her horse insured for everything and she thought the company was great until her horse had to be put down due to an injury and the insurance company then turned around and refused to pay by decaring that the injury wasn't serious enough to have merited having the animal destroyed.My advise is as with everything, READ THE SMALL PRINT!!!!.

Ali

5. Sam

Sam New Member

Wesfarmers Federation Insurance do not underwrite cover for horses. Try www.horsedirectory.com.au, following the links to Western Australia, then insurance, then horses. There is a list of about 5 different insurance brokers to chose from. My mare is with Ford Kinter & Associates for $150 T/P property damage and liability. The premium depends on one's individual risk exposure and cover requirements.

6. icebabie296

icebabie296 New Member

Personally I wouldn't bother insuring your horse. Someone I knew insured their horse. The horse broke its leg in the paddock and was naturally put down. The insurance company wouldn't pay because the owner didn't see the accident happen so they couldn't be sure of the reason. Companies that insure horses are very fussy about when they pay and more often then not they don't pay.

7. Samasam

Samasam Guest

Hi
    this is probably too late ,but we insure our horses through Brooks Inglis Insurance in Perth.
    Beryl Brooks has been doing horse insurance for years and shes very good.Many many years ago we had a tb foal die from Pnuemonia and they paid out within 1 week.The horse was also down at a stud as the mother was visiting a stallion.
    When I went to insure my colt before he left NSW she even covered the transport in case something happend on the way across to WA.
    I can't recommend them highly enough and their premiums are very reasonable.
    If you want some contact numbers please dont hesitate to ask and I will forward them to you.
    cheers Sam

8. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

ditto on Beryl Brooks - she is great and goes out of her way to help you with any questions you might have!

p.

9. Denny

Denny Well-known Member

I assume they used to be called "Brooks Goodwood"

If so..... double ditto!!!

10. kimberley

kimberley New Member

I had a show mare insured with Jardine Ins for quite a few thousand dollars. She had to be put down due to an horrific leg injury and they paid up straight away. I was quite impressed. All I needed was a letter from the Vet stating her general condition at the time.