I hope we made a baby :)

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by pin, Oct 8, 2013.

1. pin

pin New Member

Today my TB mare Molly was AI'd to Golden Rock, and I am crossing everything that she settles on this cycle.

I have been watching her in season the last few days, and I was waiting until next cycle, but as I drank a cuppa this morning I watched her slide her bum around to my cob and plant her back end square in his face, crouch and said 'take me'!

So I thought, let's try today instead! Nice fat 4.8 x 4.5mm follicle, and fresh-is-best semen on board.

Crossing fingers for a Bucky filly with star, stripe and two rear socks.....

Originally I purchased this service for my late mare Breeze two years ago. She didn't take initially (tricky breeder) and last year she was unwell, before I lost her. This mare shares Breezes sire and is a lovely small, compact mare.

I think she will cross well with his royal spunk ness!

2. Fingers crossed for you!:D

3. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Fingers crossed! Now the anxious wait for preg testing :p

4. pin

pin New Member

....counting down to Thursday.... :)

5. pin

pin New Member

And we have a black dot :). It definitely looks like a buckskin black dot!

I forgot to come in and update, but she had a 16dd positive, and we will recheck soon.

Next cab off the rank is my TB mare Rose, who is a big fronted elegant but solid bay girl, and her baby daddy is Lord Lamarque.

She does not seem to find any of my menfolk interesting, so this breeding might involve a bit more scanning :D