I have a reason to smile

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Coliban Quarter Horse Stud, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macchiato

Macchiato Well-known Member

Sorry old mate I don't understand why you would as a breeder not want to have a bit of a brag about strawberry. She is a lovely horse who has been really easy to start why not brag about it.

2. old_mate

old_mate Well-known Member

The horse is under2 years old and still looks like the baby that she is, a big baby BUT still a baby.
    I don't see anything to brag about

3. Macchiato

Macchiato Well-known Member

Out of interest old mate what's your experience in horsebreaking. How many have you started what ages etc.

4. retroremedy

retroremedy Well-known Member

Weird my read/stalk/research of that thread says she is 2.5? Not slander? How is that slander...I think Deb was and has done a good job...you guys are the only ones pointing out 2ish year old horses should not be started :confused:

5. retroremedy

retroremedy Well-known Member

I only put up one link and it was to a YouTube clip and it had nothing to do with standies :confused: I do recommend the YouTube clip as it is rather fascinating, even if it has not much to do with this discussion!:eek:

6. old_mate

old_mate Well-known Member

Mate I don't have to be a horse breaker or breeder or trainer in order to think that a 2 year old or under horse is too young for riding.
    I am not any of the above, people riding their horse at a young age is an economic thing for the most part. Break at 2, full riding at 3.
    Back in the dark ages it was break at 3 and full work starting a 4.

7. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

[​IMG]

That one should work now :D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  8. mod 7

mod 7 Moderator

Enough flaming :mad: I am not wasting time cleaning up this tit for tat, a new thread has been started to continue the discussion, this thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.