Hows it all going?

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by Arnie, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Can someone tell me when they get more information how the Insurance thing is going? Did the Rally's make a difference?

2. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

Pony Club got insurance for another year, but the PC fees will rise next year, and they will be faced with the same problem this time next year if nothing is done by the government. That's the latest I heard.

3. blondie

blondie New Member

I heard from the Peel pony club today, that it still looks as though it will all come to a halt as of june 30.
    But then one of my agisters said tonight that it is all okay, but fees will rise.
    I suppose word needs to come from a official, before we know for sure.
    The thing to remember is that it's not just pony club, but all events and instructors that are covered aswell that will no longer be in business. Where would you keep your horse if the agistment centres have to shut down? What will the ones who stay open have to change now?
    What a major pain in the rear end!!!

4. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thankyou for that. I adgist my horse on a mans property. Nothing special just some land he wanted to fill in. I'll keep an ear out for the official word. Thanks.

~§Arnie§~

5. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

I heard today that the fee's will go up to $30 per head for the next pc rally which will cover the rest of the year. Before that the cheapest they could find was $100 per head each rally.

-bec-

6. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thanks. What about agistment and lessons? I'm looking for a new agistment but not sure if this is a good time to do so. And lessons as well??????

~§Arnie§~

7. blondie

blondie New Member

Arnie
    Where do you live and what sort of agistment are you after?

8. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

Some riding schools are asking all their members to be covered by EFA. Most riding schools should be ok till the end of the year, though next year Im not sure what is happening, however i will post as soon as I know.
    I've been using a different alternative for riding lessons, so Insurance is still covered and will be no matter what. I use bartering so no money is exchanged. Some people who have lemon trees bring a bag of lemons or other fruit or eggs. Another person is having 40 riding lessons = some earthworks (new lounge yard) and a more popular one is an exchange of a bag of horse feed.

-bec-

9. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thanks for that. I'm in Herne Hill (Perth) and I'm looking for an agistment with anyway but most importantly someone to ride with........

~§Arnie§~

10. blondie

blondie New Member

11. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thanks for that. Yeh it is a shame :( I've been looking for months. I've been at this place for 4 years. There can only be 3 horses on this property at a time. And horses "always" come and go and I just recently realised how that is upsetting my horse and so I need to find some where quick :(

P.S. Your site is great [​IMG]

~§Arnie§~