How succesful were your horses on the track?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Leti loves Elmo, Feb 2, 2011.

1. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

TJ raced as "Our Tejay" He had 54 starts 10 wins 9 seconds 8 thirds for a total of $52,035.00 LOL

2. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

Nothing will show up on the cris site if she raced in the eastern states. Cris is only for WA racehorses.
    Also the horse is 21, chances are she is not even on the studbook website.

Doesn't mean the she has the name wrong, and doesn't mean the horse is unregistered.

3. sherridin

sherridin Well-known Member

I have a 24 year old which comes up on the studbook website. You need to be a paid member to look thoroughly into it. Every horse ever registered with the studbook will be on there. it dates back to the 1900's i'm pretty sure.

The CRIS website will show horses that raced over east but records may be incomplete and the must have raced at least once in WA.

In regards to the studbook, you can look up the named and unnamed progeny of the dam and sire. So, if you know the dam and DOB you will be able to find your horse.

ETA : As long as the dam is registered then the progeny will show up. It will show up as unnamed but will give you the sire, breeder, DOB and where it was born.

4. sherridin

sherridin Well-known Member

According to the studbook, there have been 2 horses registered as Sweet Secret.

Sweet Secret (2002) Secret Savings x Fosters Express

Sweet Secret (1965) Secret Kingdom x The Old Dutch

So, you may have the wrong name. Or possibly wrong spelling?

5. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Some mares will produce on even if they didn't make it to the track......obviously their bloodlines have alot to do with it. Sunline I believe was very line-bred (though I don't know much about the TB's).

Progeny from good race mares will always fetch a premium price at yearling sales. We have already been offered a "deal" for the 2011 foal from Very Chic.....by Art Major.......though I am keen to keep it and race it ourselves.
    Will depend on just how big the "deal" gets I guess......lolol

6. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

Aw okay yeah suppose she wouldnt show up on cris. But would still be in the studbook. I dont have that though

7. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Sunline comes from the family of pharlap so it is really not suprising that she was a freak but then has thrown some average foals.
    Belief in families goes back to the Tessio theories in that history will often repeat itself though it may take a few generations hence why you can have a few average dams and then the family is back with a vengence.

Related to this thread
    I have had many horses with varying racing careers I think that often their race career can reflect what they are like as equestrians. I have had horses that havn't got to the race track and horse that have raced alot. My horse that raced the most was very sound, tough and a real trier you don't pick up 75 cheques any other way:)*.

8. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

My old TB, Count Me In, had about 16 starts from memory, with 1 win and several places. He was a stayer and won the Northam Cup in 1977. He was heading to run in the Perth Cup but bowed a tendon. He didn't win much dough though.

Ps Phar Lap (gelding) came from the Pharos line, I think. So did my Count. Count and Dulcify were closely related.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  9. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Im talking mare's whom have NO black type in 4 generations, sorry should be more specific*#)

10. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Pharlap is not from the Pharos line. Pharos is the sireline which Northern dancer descends from so is the predominant male line in the world and certainly australia.
    There are actually only about 4 sirelines still alive in australia and not many in the world something like 80% are pharos so on the sire side all modern tb's are closely related.
    Sunline descends directly from Pharlaps full sister through the female line.

11. Jes_bm

Jes_bm Active Member

Dont no how to read brands but my TB has a 2 over a 2 on 1 side and L5V on the other..tryed searching internet but nothing :eek:

12. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Yep, should have amended that, TBPA. I fell for the trap of seeing Phar and thinking Pharos. I then and went and looked at the pedigrees and thought, nup, wrong.

And I should have said my horse Count's closest "notable" relative was Dulcify - not closest relative (same grandsire Pardal).

13. Kicky

Kicky New Member

Kitbag (worst name ever)
    17 starts 3 wins 2 seconds 4 thirds
    one knee operation later and its all over :-(
    But he is training up to be a super little dressage horses :)

14. Ace

Ace Well-known Member

My old was Mainland Spur (pacer) won almost $150,000. I actually have it on tape too one of the very few races he won when he came over from the east coast, I only taped that one race that night too, freaky!

My old boy Master Jay (Ace) had 12 starts for 6 wins and 4 placings, the other two he finished 5th and then broke down in his last race, he won almost $16,000.

Harley (President's Excuse) won nothing, poor bugger couldnt even get himself to trials! I know he sold for about $19,000 at the yearling sales too, that was when I first met him and being a nasty colt I did not like him one bit. He is a much nicer gelding!

15. Exister

Exister Active Member

I think I could almost beat all of you!
    We have Mr Sandgroper! He earned $534,160
    He ran in 38 races for 7wins, 4 seconds and 3 thirds hehe...
    and hows this, here are his wins at distances: 1 (1200m), 1 (1300m), 1 (1400m), 1 (1600m), 1 (2100m), 1 (2200m), 1 (2400m)
    He won the 2004 derby :D
    A great horse who is now well into his career as a hack (his first proper showjumping event he went clear at 105cms...)

16. Nightsky

Nightsky Guest

Do you know who was the most recent trainer for him ? I know that horse ... did he race up north ?

17. Shiobhan

Shiobhan Well-known Member

yep he raced up north with terry brennan. Im sure I sent sexyrtizy some photos of him racing up that way.

18. Nightsky

Nightsky Guest

ha I have a good memory don't I ... he raced in port hedland around 2007ish

19. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

hehe nope never got the racing photos of him ;)*#) (if you have any I'd love to see them :)) )

But yes he raced up north around 2007 with Terry **)

20. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Did better than Ralph, he never made it to the track :p Waste of a service fee from BP! Lucky I love him :)*