How succesful were your horses on the track?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Leti loves Elmo, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

How succesful were your horses on the track?

Trixie- Dynamite Trunkey (stb)- 15 starts for 0 wins and 1 placings haha. Her first start was as almost a 4 year old and only race for a year. Majority of her starts were in kalgoolie and she still couldnt win. And she never went under 2 minutes :eek:. I know the guy that drove her a bit in kal and he said she was useless :(

Charlie- Counterpoint (tb)- Never even trialled! Though he was named. Thats worse then trixie. Though he was in race work. He's exceptionally breed also and they never bothered to start him lol

Race photos are welcome for the more succesful haha

eta: i may be able to help those that dont know if you have a race name or brand :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

i am preparing my stallion so start showing with him :)

he raced 130 times i think and was in the first 3 about 50% of those times and that was with 3 bowed tendons/ strained ligaments!!

and he is the quietist and lovliest natured stallion i have ever known!!

can wait to get him out there!!:))

3. EVP

EVP Gold Member

We have bred and raced a number of very good winners.
    4 are in the breeding barn to hopefully race as good as their mothers!

4. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

2 thoroughbreds:

Key to My Heart: Utterly useless! Won a trial then I don't think she beat anything home after that in 10 starts. But is a bleeder, so that probably contributed to her lack of performance.

He's not retired yet, but when he does he is coming to live with me (he's such a b*****d that no one else wants him):
    Noble Steed: To date 43 starts, 9-10-3 total prize money $260,000+ He's a tough bugger with a whole lot of attitude, but i think he's awesome :)

5. sherridin

sherridin Well-known Member

My horse, On Alert (2000) (Daggers Drawn x Darlingbrook) had 26 starts for 1 win, 2 seconds and 3 thirds with a grand total of $13,699. His only win was in Broome, his thirds in Broome and Ararat and his second placings in New Zealand somewhere.

Oak Street (1988) (Arch Regeant x Piccoloscala) had 58 starts, 5 wins, 14 seconds and 10 thirds for a total of $75,230. Not bad for a horse who ran in the early 90's. He won a black listed race as a 2 year old somewhere over east and paid his way not too bad up until he retired at 8 years as an entire at ascot and belmont.

National Gallery (1986) was untried. He is by New Ribot but can't remember his dam.

Another horse I had (can't remember his name) won over 100K. He was born in 94? I think?

ETA : A filly I had by Lord Dane out of Fair Diana had a couple of trials but came 20 lengths last.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  6. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

oh, i thought you meant how successful are our showhorses when they were racing!!

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Mine is Rancho Man He had a stint of 6 straight at one stage before a nasty accident, ended up with 26 starts 6 wins 2 placings I think.

8. Leti loves Elmo

It can be if you want. Just retired from the track horses that people have now for pleasure :)

9. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Track success usually translates into breeding success.
    Good winning mares will always get the dollars for their foals.

Some exceptions to the rules will occur.........but we prefer to breed from mares that have won over 100K.

10. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Noddi trialled as Last Chance Cafe. His first 2 trials he finished 19 1/2 lengths of the winner (over 950 and 400m). He spelled and then trialled once as a 3yo finishing 43 lengths off the winner, 5 days later I got him :p So I guess the expression "couldn't run out of sight on a dark night" really does apply to him but what do you expect at 14.3 1/2hhs!

Paddy raced as Black Money and he won 2 races and $16k on the track. His full brother Elegantly Black tho won $156k! Dunno what happened to Paddy :p

11. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Mine (TB and named) doesn't know what a track is, she also doesn't know she is a thoroughbred though *#) like above she is 14.3 1/2hh and has the mind (and body) of a pony

My old boy raced 24 times and won the grand total of $3,000 and also lost his jockey in a race :p

12. Leti loves Elmo

Yes very true but geldings take up the highest majority of horses in every industry :)

13. Newman Racing

Newman Racing Active Member

Our old boy mystery command has won 11 times, ran 3 seconds 13 thirds! out of 42 starts. He also won the kulin cup which is a bush race and 2 consecutive swimming races! He is a champ with true grit.

[​IMG]

14. ashes88

ashes88 Well-known Member

well my mare tia maria (racing name : sweet secret) is 21 years old bred over east and i cant find any info on her racing career if she had one.

junior (classical scholar) ive ridden him since he was a 3 yr old, won $22,790 with 17 starts 2 wins 1 second and 3 thirds he started to pick up his game until he bowed his tendon year off brought back into race work then i got him =)
    cisco (seattle pearl) i broke him in 2 years ago had a couple of trials then had his first start on boxing day at pinny 2010 then got told before the race that i can have him if i want he bet 3 home !!!! (he wants to be an eventer not a racehorse ;) )

so really none of mine have done well lol**)

15. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

my boy Jed raced as Prince Humam (evented as Holland Park Jericho) over east. Prize money $68 850... won 8 races in a row!! 35 starts

Smurf - Bold Rumour. had 1 start for a 3rd

Noddy - Medal Beach. trialled 4 times, no races

16. Leti loves Elmo

Either you have the name wrong or she was never registered because nothing comes up on the cris site :)

17. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

I had "Grand Turismo" for 2.5 years I think he won $176,195 from 31 starts he is a legend, loved him to bits :)

"Sir Vice" (Arnie) won $21,692 from 31 starts

Uncanny that both had 31 starts!!!!!!

18. EVP

EVP Gold Member

I'm not sure whether this means more colts are born or whether a percentage of mares are not raced at all - though trainers are sure going to prefer geldings to colts.....lolol Most male horses are gelded.......IMO with the O/S sires available we don't need any colonial stallions.

I can't remember all the race stats - way too many. Latoya Franco won over 100K, White Thunder won over 300K, Pacific Blitz won 80K (?), Very Chic won over 200K, Fair Enough won over 100K.....all the girls are in the breeding barn....I just love being able to bring them home after they have raced!

19. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Nice earnings EVP :) Makes the mare's more commercial having won races :) I cannot belive the amount of mare's put in foal who DID NOTHING on the track!!!!!!

20. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Yeah why would breed from duds like eight carat or songline ;P