How has your Imperial Aged?

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Dusty Road, May 21, 2012.

1. Dusty Road

Dusty Road Well-known Member

As the title says, for those of you who have had your imperial float for a while, and even those who have only had them for a short time. How has your float aged? How long have you had it, how often do you use it, what sort of driving do you do with it (ie bitumen, gravel, long trips, short trips) and what model float do you have? How do you store it (out in the open, shedded, with a cover).

I am looking at get a new float this year, and weight wise Imperial seem to be the best for what I am after, but given that they are relatively new compared to some floats on the market I would love to hear from people who have them and how they are going :)

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  2. Shakia

Shakia Well-known Member

Had mine for just over two years. Lives outside. No signs of rust or corrosion. Everything is holding up fine. Doesn't get a lot of use lately but has gone to quite a few shows, arc, beach and different places for rides out. Oh and been great for moving furniture.

Mine is a double straight load standard. Only really driven on bitumen and some gravel roads.

3. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Mine is two years old now and still looks brand new :).

Its done tens of thousands of KM and is driven on ALOT of dirt road.

4. Dusty Road

Dusty Road Well-known Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback, I am hoping someone who has had theres a bit longer will pop in maybe somewhere in the 5 to 6 year bracket.

Arnie, do you keep yours shedded when not in use, or do you keep it out in the open?

5. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Yes I keep mine in a 3 sided shed but often we can be too lazy to take it up there and it stays parked near the house in the weather. Have been telling myself to stop leaving it out! I much prefer it shedded :).

6. taeliesyn

taeliesyn Well-known Member

We've had ours somewhere around the 5 year mark I think.
    It has had a total of maybe 3 months of being shedded and that was during spring.
    It's still doing well, the gloss on the roof has gone (though it has gone under a lot of tree's to possibly scratch it up) The plastic cable cover for the plug has deterioated, but even that hasn't been covered in its life. We've had the gas struts replaced once for cosmetic reasons and that's about all. We do need the struts replaced again, well one of them but the tailgate is still easy enough to lift.
    About 2 summers ago, the windows bubbled in, but they were replaced soon as I took it to Jesse Creek.