Hot Oil treatment before show?

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Crusader, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Pjsarabs

Pjsarabs New Member

Hi Talkingshell! Yes, thats a great way to use it BUT... save some money!! You dont need conditioner.... the Hot Oil out performs any conditioner.

Another great way to keep coats looking brilliant, especially if you dont have time to wash, is to mix some up and put in a spray bottle and use it as a grooming aid. We use a mix of about 10:1 (water:eek:il). Even the worst sun damaged/weather affected coats come back to life this way if you cant wash.

Cheers
    Paula

2. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Heif... it's growing hair back on Honda's massive scar on his hind leg... the one that he did 6 years ago as a yearling!!!

3. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

Hmmmm thats it I'm off to the stock feeders to go buy some this weekend haha

Can you buy the HG serum from the stockfeeders as well??

4. himitsu

himitsu Well-known Member

OMG! maybe Peiko too could have normal legs lol ill have to give it a go :)

5. Pjsarabs

Pjsarabs New Member

Hi there Himitsu

We've used this formula on all types of things from hotspots & old scars to wounds & abrasions. Probably the oldest scar has been a 13yo scar (injured as a 2yo) on a bay horse. Classic wire wound on the front of the OF cannon about 5 inches long, looked like it had been stitched and broken open.
    The scar was very lumpy where the stitches had obviously pulled through and there was no hair at all. After 3 weeks, using a few drops of the serum twice a day, we had approx 80% hair growth over the scar... and the hair was black not white. Now the scar is barely visible, with a very noticable smoothing (or flattening) of the lumpy outer area.

I don't promote this serum as a fix all... there is only so much a topical treatment can do, and certainly any hair growth on scars is going to depend on the damage done and remaining fibrous tissue left around/under the area etc... AND any treatment needs to be consistant.

We have taken a lot of time researching the natural oils & plant extracts in this product and the ingredients (13) were selected for both the skin and the hair, with quite a few being useful in topically stimulating capilliary blood flow to damaged skin. The Rosemary Oil in this product seems to deter flies as well.

Anyway, hope this info helps

Best
    Paula

6. himitsu

himitsu Well-known Member

well its worth a try :) ill take before pics so we will see! would be friggen AWESOME if it works as well as with your horse :) How much and can i come pick some up?

7. Beanie

Beanie Well-known Member

I would love to get some too. Is there anywhere SOR we can purchase it from...or am happy to drive to buy it **)

8. Pjsarabs

Pjsarabs New Member

I've posted on the Promotions & Services thread for Hi Shine for everyone if needing a supplier

9. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

has anyone used the HG serum on old scars with success?

10. Beanie

Beanie Well-known Member

Thanks for the suppliers Pjsarabs. :))

11. beaudacious

beaudacious Well-known Member

question for those of you who use hi shine... ive got a show on saturday and im planning on washing my mare tomorrow arvo. will i be ok to use it on her so close to the show or is it best to leave it for now?

12. taeliesyn

taeliesyn Well-known Member

Use it the day of the show if you like, continued use will get the best results over all, but you are fine to wash and use it tomorrow if you like

13. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

Thanks Paula

Here is the proof - his mane before (it had been like this for months!)
    [​IMG]

And after 2-3 weeks of using the serum - no fake plaits any more!! :D
    [​IMG]

14. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

I need to get some to grow my ponies bridle trail out!!!

15. Crusader

Crusader Well-known Member

wow thats pretty impressive kaisi

16. SaddleClubber

SaddleClubber Active Member

this stuff sounds a bit of a miracle!!

can it be used on people, dogs etc????

17. mistress72

mistress72 Active Member

omg thats amazing!

18. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

I couldn't believe it either! It really is amazing :)

19. Jadelise

Jadelise Well-known Member

Is there anything else you did to help the mane grow back like that Kaisi, thats amazing.

20. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

Anyone got any before and after pics of HiShine used on greys - or even just after shots? lol

I can see lovely results on chestnuts and bays... would like to see if the effect on greys is comparable :)