Hot Oil treatment before show?

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Crusader, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Crusader

Crusader Well-known Member

Do many people use hot oil treatments for their show prep?

I was thinking of doing one for my pony before the show this weekend what oil do you use?
    I have seen that VO5 & Hishine get used.
    What do you recommend?

2. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I use HiShine. I prefer using things that are made for animals if they are available.

3. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Hi Shine for me. Fab stuff. I use it once a week, love to see my shiney ponies in the paddock..lol

4. Crusader

How much is Hishine? How much do you need to use?

5. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Not too dear at all. I think I pay $35 big bottle and it last me many washes.

6. Crusader

Will have to have a look for it it says on their website that oakford stockfeeds are a stockist. Need it this week

7. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Use to always use QV Oil (& it's great as we use to use it on my son's excema)...

But this yr i won a large bottle of HiShine thanks to a sponsorship & am hooked! (plus it smells yummy! *#))

Here is a few pics of my colt. I had him one week only so not enough time to get some topline on him or enough time for supplements to help his coat... but the HiShine helped his coat at least. :)
    He was bathed twice only (not the day before the show) with HiShine, once after clipping & again 2 days later.
    His coat prior to clipping & even after was dry & he had NO shine.

Before clipping (well you can see his back, lol).

[​IMG]

Less than a week later. I think with time (coat supplements), his coat will be much better conditioned but LOVE the HiShine as it made a HUGE difference! :)*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Hi Shine......:)*

[​IMG]

9. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

Another vote for Hishine here. We will not use anything else. :)*
    Zophia gets a Hishine hot oil treatment regularly during the show season (not just for shows), it keeps her skin and coat in top condition.

10. mistress72

mistress72 Active Member

You can order hishine from the website too, there is also new hishine products being developed at the moment. and its a WA product so even better. It feeds your horses coat and skin too so a big thumbs up from me.**)

11. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

just try to avoid hot oiling the mane if you are planning to plait up bwahahahahahahahahahaha
    have heard many times ALOT of swearing when it comes to slippery silky shiny manes......

12. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Hi Shine here also, great stuff, used to use V05 until I got on to HiShine. I order it online.

13. Crusader

Ta ladies - it looks like Hishine is the winner! Do like to support a WA business too :)

I had a look on their website says they are not taking online orders at the moment cos they are upgrading their website :)
    Will try oakford stockfeeders today.

14. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

Hi shine gets another big thumbs up for me! **)
    I use it for every show and in between to keep the coat nice.

It makes the coat very shiney, but also soft and healthy too
    [​IMG]

They also have this oil which grows back rubbed out mane.
    I've never seen anything like it! Pickles mane grew from nothing to plaitable in 2 weeks!

They are great products! I really can't recommend them more :)

15. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

Is that the HG serum? We have been using it on old scars and it has grown hair on them too. Magic stuff!!!! **)

16. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

That's the stuff **)
    It's actually magic in a bottle!

17. Serenity

Serenity Well-known Member

Where can I buy this HG serum from? Thanks:)

Kaisi - Pickles just looks absolutely stunning in that photo!!!**)

18. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

From PRW products -they are advertisers on here

HG Serum

19. amandasmith

amandasmith Well-known Member

I've never tried Hishine but after this thread I think I may have to try it. I read on their website that you can either leave it in or wash it off - what does everyone do - wash out or leave in?

20. taeliesyn

taeliesyn Well-known Member

We mix up the oil in the water and sponge it on to ensure everywhere is covered, soak the tail and then excess is just poured over her. We are getting good at judging the amount of water/oil needed :)*

Once we put the hot oil on that's it. Let it 'dry' though while she had her winter coat, we would let it soak for a while and then scrape the excess off.