Horsey treats :)

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by brittany_137, Aug 5, 2013.

1. brittany_137

brittany_137 New Member

Hi all :) thought i'd start a bit of a fun post, as im looking for new things to give to my boy..

What is your horses favourite treat/treats?

2. South Boulder Boy

South Boulder Boy Well-known Member

Inkys favorite now he's off race feed is sunflower seeds, muesli and F3 lol! I think he quite liked being fed that daily.

He also loves apples, carrots and watermelon. Stuff he was never allowed when racing. Not so keen on the licorice yet but treats are new territory for him so he may change his mind.

3. Horselady

Horselady New Member

my girl is nuts for licorice :)

4. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

Try sweet potato sticks, carob pods, pears, watermelon, gingernut biscuits, vegimite soldiers, or even oranges! :)*:lol:

5. cupcake

cupcake Well-known Member

anything!

Latest is banana's- including the peel

LOVES FANTA!

ice cream, jelly beans, strawberries, hot dogs, burgers- regular garbage can! If I am eating it- its good enough for him apparently and I MUST share or I get the death stare.

He also eats "normal" horse treats, those my reward thingys, liquorish, sugar cubes, carrots, apples...

His easy to win over really...

And I've come to the conclusion that he loves children- and licks them- because they taste sticky and like lollies

6. NaeNae87

NaeNae87 Well-known Member

GK loves carrot, apples, licorice, bbq flavoured crisps, salt and vinegar flovoured crisps and will just about kill you for your bacon and egg burger. The carrot, apple and licorice are his normal treats, everything else he has only had once or twice.

Bo loves carrot, licorice, Red Creaming Soda and skittles. He has tried meat pie and sausage roll which he wasn't too keen on. He is also starting to figure out that apples are quite yummy.

7. abb77

abb77 Well-known Member

both of mine love sweet potato chips, cherry ripe, museli bars, ginger nuts - oh the love nikki has for them!
    nikki also likes to steal my toast with peanut butter in the mornings, while harleys more of a strawberry jam type of guy :p

8. brittany_137

brittany_137 New Member

Thanks all :) i'll definitely have to give all that a go hehe!