Horses With People Problems?

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by FDPH, Oct 1, 2008.

1. FDPH

FDPH Guest

Do horses have problems with people or do people have problems with horse? I think in view of the clinic being run early next week this could be very relevant.....
    "It is amazing what the horse can do in spite of the rider"

2. I always like to maintain that horses have people problems LOL.

Which Clinic is it?

3. FDPH

FDPH Guest

so do i merrylegs.....i'll give you another hint
    the horse is a reflection of the riders ability......

4. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

Horses have people problems. Most horse problems are man-made sadly!

A horse is a reflection of its owner, encompassing rider ability, owner/handler horsemanship skills and knowledge, confidence, general horse savy etc.:D :))

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  5. saltriver

saltriver Guest

so true caroline,
    but all to often the horse is made out to be the idiot, or stupid horse.
    but it is really a reflection of the rider or the owner.

I learnt to eat humble pie, when I got dusted at a Ray Hunt clinic once.
    He told me straight up , No BullsH##T I created it. Well he was absolutley 100% correct in his observation, I listened that day and have never turned back on listening and understanding the horse.

as Ray says "The horse is easy to change, The Human is hard to change"

Boy is that quote for real or what ! But unfortunatley for the horse a lot of todays society are unable to change or really look at themselves from the inside out,Or accept when the horse knows better.

"The Human has an opinion, the horse is a fact"

6. banjo

banjo Well-known Member

poor horses....i know off one who has a person problem....#(

7. domingo

domingo Active Member

Hi Snowie

are you the other half of Salt River?

Your posts remind me of Xenophon who used to post on here...

8. saltriver

saltriver Guest

I think Snowie lives in Qld, dont you Snowie

I am pretty sure my OH lives with me in Bakers Hill.

yeah i wonder what happened to xenophon- quite enjoyed the wisdom that they posted.

9. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

There is a connection for sure lol. *#) The man from Snowie River and Salt River... :p :D

10. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

I think this is true however sometimes some horses are also just not suited to what some people try to do with them and that is where some problems begin. Horses for courses.

11. MegPJ

MegPJ New Member

My opinion, but I think most animals that have "issues" whether it be that they are aggressive, timid, crazy... these can usually stem back to some human stuffing them up...even if they did have the best intentions.

12. MegPJ

MegPJ New Member

I agree with this statement, very true.

13. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

I defiantley agree that its horses with people problems. Also when you look at alot of 'vices' ie, fence walking,windsucking,refusing to float, they are all man made problems. Hell, how many 'vices' do we humans have????

14. MegPJ

MegPJ New Member

TOO many problems, thats why we like to share them with our animals...remember sharing is caring:)*

I remember in the not so distant past that i would try to shelter my poor little darling horsies from anything that might be scary, what did I learn...that was the worst thing I could have ever done...This is one thing I will never ever do again.

15. saltriver

saltriver Guest

"The Horse will teach you if you'll listen "

16. MegPJ

MegPJ New Member

BUT I KNOW everything already, therefore I cannot be taught anymore, and I dont want to listen...:p

17. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

I know way to many horses with people problems than I wud like!!#(

Horses tell me everything. Not all owners do.:}

18. FDPH

FDPH Guest

sorry mate snowy rivers in vic i am a long way from there, closer to the great barrier reef actually!

19. mature aged rider

mature aged rider New Member

There is the personality and horsonality factor too. Certian people and certian horses do just not get on. Stressy people and stressy horses often do not get on. I know that the Arab's sensitivity irritates the hell out of me however I have seen other people who have Arab's for just that reason. I admire people that can work successfully with the sensitive Arab.

Maybe we need to know 'what makes us tick' before we start blaming the horse. We need to be honest with ourselves. I know that while I am not nervous with any particular horse, I do have a high energy level (type A personality - not happy unless I have something to worry about!) and I am sure this is why the overly sensitive horse and I do not get on.

20. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

Very True

Horses do not tell lies (unlike some humans). If you just listen, they will tell you their life story.