Horses racing with hairy ears..................

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by biscay, Jul 25, 2007.

1. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

Okay, it has come to my attention during a recent conversation... that these race horses often race with non-clipped out ears... they are HAIRY !!! Now, surely.. come on... havent they heard of aerodynamics??? Okay, so said horse still won its trial... but I mean seriously !!!! It could of won so much faster if the wind didnt get caught up in the hairs to produce drag....... sigh.. some people just dont learn do they. :) :) :) :)

Hehe off to go laugh by myself because I am soo funny.

2. Aussie Cowgirl

Aussie Cowgirl Active Member

haha biscay...

all our horses have hairy ears, more to cudde up to! they love you touching there ears, i think because when the breakers break them in the do everything properly and play with their ears alot.

We can get out fingers right down in their ears to clean them out and they fall asleep

3. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Are you telling me trainers dont "bone out" their horses ears??? :confused:
    Oh shame on them, shame shame shame!

Tongue in cheek, ok....... :D

4. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

Maybe they wait to clip ears till the actual race !!!!!

5. Sweet Euphoria

Sweet Euphoria Well-known Member

Lol! I think your on to it bis....**)

6. Jez

Jez Gold Member

LMFAO I love it!!!!!!!!

Eh, he won his trial with hair sticking out further than the actual ear itself....maybe it acts like a spoiler on a car...actually, wouldnt have mattered because he came across the line with his ears pinned flat back against his head - right choice too, he had to run in pouring rain and a howling wind.

7. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

ahhh so kind of the winged keel kind of theory eh !!! interesting HEHE

8. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

ooooo this thread was SO started for me!!!! :D:D:D

9. Tain

Tain Well-known Member

How come Heif?? Those hairy ears slowing you down mate lol!!!! :D *#) :p

Maybe the horses are like Samson, if you clip out their ears they will lose all their speed!! lol! -you willing to risk it???:p :D :))

10. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

lets just say we've had a few discussions about clipping ears and i flatly refuse to do it to my horses!

11. Tain

Tain Well-known Member

Sorry mate (think I missed a 'pop' thread somewhere 'bout ear clipping??!!)lol! Was taking the Mickey!! -I meant your ears, lol! not your pony's tehehehe!!!

- such a comedian! *#)

12. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

oh right hahaha! nah my ears are nakid THANK GOD hahaha and if buckley had his ears clipped he'd lose his cool haha

13. Jez

Jez Gold Member

PMSL "Winged Keel"......biscay your an idiot!!! Maybe your onto something Tain so his ears are NEVER going to be clipped.

I agree Heifer, If they were supposed to have nekkid ears they would, and no horse should suffer the indignity of losing his/her cool.