horse withdrawal symptoms!

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Naomi, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

I spent the last year at tafe so i had at least 3 full days a week to spend with my horse. I absolutely loved just hanging around the stables and having the time to work my horse into condition. I've been working full time now and find it hard to fit in a social life, time with my boyfriend and time with my horse all in one weekend. I try to ride my boy sat and sun but its just not enough! Anyone else have this problem, i cant be the only tax paying citizen!

2. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Mate all i can say is - DIDDO!

I am constantly on the go, riding (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun), housework, cooking tea, looking after the other animals we have, working fulltime 40hrs a week, competing (when i have shows on), spending time with friends and my fiance'.....pphheewww and all the other little things in between, that take up every precious second.

Sometimes it gets to hard i think, but the rewards are worth it and i wouldn't give it up for quids!

Ness

3. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

WOW you do have it full on dont you. JUST DONT HAVE KIDS! When do you ride during the week? In the mornings before work or at night?

4. crave

crave Well-known Member

I have 2 children, 4 retail shops, a husband that works away, 2 properties, 3 horses, 2 dogs....and I wouldnt have it any other way...enjoy life to the fullest. I can never understand people that say they are bored!

crave

5. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Hey Crave, must be a horsey thing.....my other half works away to and so does Denny's and someone else to i think....
    But wow, you are busy busy...

And Naomi, i ride after work, get on between 4:30 and 5:00pm ride till about 6:00 or so and then help feed up, stables, etc with my friend where my horse is agisted....then the housey stuff starts.....

Vanessa

6. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

Yeah i love riding after work, its so destressing! I love winter but i will appreciate the longer days when they return. Might have to start getting organized.

It's a shame my good Mate Kristie isnt around anymore, we used to go for night rides. Very relaxing, especially under a full moon, it's beautiful.

Thanks, guys, ill get my butt back into gear and pack my joddies.

7. crave

crave Well-known Member

Hey Zahira, do you think they work away to get away from the horses or just so we can all afford them....only jokin!I certainly appreciate my Husband when he's home though.

crave

8. Goldpally

Goldpally Active Member

I am a single parent now , with 1 daughter at school , 3 horsies ( one is only a 2 year old ) , work , play HEAPS of sport and have committee duties with the PC, netball club and badminton club ! I enjoy ANYTIME I get to myself ! Oh , and once every few weeks I remember I have friends !!!
    I love the comment about the hubbys that work away ! First question I ask if I meet someone , do u like kids , cats and horses ? ( probably should also ask if they like babysitting kids , fancy living on a couple of acres so they can spend all their spare time doing odd jobs and whether or not they will tolerate weekends at horse events so we could spend time together ) !!!
    [​IMG]

9. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

hahahhaha Crave.
    All i know, is when he is away....nothing but horses, horses, horses....hehehhe (And i seem to always have a lot more free time when he is gone - hhhuuuummmm, wonder why that is?)

10. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

This conversation reminds me of a fav saying

LOVE ME? LOVE MY HORSE!

11. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

Well I stuck to my word and raced home, raced down to the paddock, met my trusty steed, saddled up and went for a quick ride just as it was getting dark. There is nothing more relaxing than a quick ride on your own with your best mate. We just went round the block but I'm pleased to report that even though it was feeding time, my horse seemed pleasantly surprised by the unexpected ride. He loosened up beautifully (as did his shoe! grrr) and we trotted along in the dark. So much fun. I then gave him a good grooming and a massage, then his dinner. I strongly recommend this to anyone who feels they dont get enough time with they're horse. It was a rush but well worth it.