Horse Scammers Plz Read!!

Discussion in 'News Items' started by Golden Biscuit, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

Recently i have received a email from a person in Scotland asking if i wanted to buy their horse, i have responded a few times to their email for my amusement lol and have found them to be scammers so im just warning everyone to BE CAREFUL!

I have asked all about the horses movement how it responds to its rider if it would be suitable for showing etc.. you know all the usual stuff and this is the resopnse i got! Well it is suitable for a pleasure pony but she can go really really fast if she wants to!! OMG! I have asked lots of questions and they seem SOOOOO DUMB os are definately scammers and all they keep saying is "pony is in very good health and i sound, we will ship pony withing 24 hours once you have paid throug western union" OMFG are they serious??

So i have just sent them a email back asking all these confusing questions and using all the lingo and we'll see what they have to say to that hey...

Oh and apparently "Pony" is 14.1hh but the photos are labelled 12hh childs pony ROFL she looks like a shetland but "Breed is pony" come on now...#(

2. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Why bother replying to them?
    Not worth it....................

3. Golden Biscuit

well... because i was finding out if ther are genuine and now i know they are not i will report them..

4. Diablo Equine Services

Diablo Equine Services Well-known Member

hahah..they sound like wackos...ask them to ring u and then give them a serve...

5. Golden Biscuit

hahaha sounds like a plan :)*

6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Ok, any email with the words "shipping", "is horse in good health", "cheque", combined with bad spelling is highly likely a scam!

Dont respond to them, thats what they want!!!

Also DES, you'd be very lucky if they called you, it just doesnt happen in most cases.

Any suspect emails (weird addresses etc), just bounce them back.

7. Golden Biscuit

they actually gave me their phone number thats why i thought they were genuine, its probly fake but perhaps i should give it a call... lol

8. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Hook, line & sinker. :D

(dont waste your $$ calling a number thats very likely non existant)

9. retroremedy

retroremedy Well-known Member

hmmm why on earth would you consider making an international call to a scam horse seller from overseas???? :confused:

Donate the money the call would cost you to the horse rescue organisations listed above and go and make an nice browband instead. :)

10. Golden Biscuit

yeh there dodgey mongrels#( oh well they will eventually get whats coming to them lol at least a few more people are on to them now, its pretty suss when they say 'i will sell pony for $3300 including shipping to australia' !! cute horsey tho but i hope they dont actually own it :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2007
  11. Diablo Equine Services

Diablo Equine Services Well-known Member

were just having a bit of fun retroremedy..not serious!

12. Golden Biscuit

Oh wow, its amazing what some people do hey... We had a very similar email about our pink saddle for sale, everything was 'the item' and was a wesern union money cheque i think... Makes you question everything your trying to sell or buy etc :confused:

13. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

you should never respond to scam emails. one you do they know that your account is active and you'll be getting scams from everywhere!

14. Golden Biscuit

We didnt know it was a scam until the second or third email... We just wanted to let everyone know that there going around!*#)

15. CrazyDolly

CrazyDolly New Member

Wow. I've never heard of such a thing. People will try anything these days. :(

16. Golden Biscuit

yes its really sad and honest people are getting scammed and having thousands of dollars taken away from them. Everyone needs to be aware of these sorts of people as it is getting alot more commin#(

17. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

Hmmm...sounds like expensive fun.

Do what everybody is suggesting - don't reply. All you are doing is encouraging them to continue scamming.

18. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Ignoring them would be the best way to go.**)

19. Mocha

Mocha Well-known Member

Haha. we got one too. a Clydesdale with pictures of a gypsy cob! :p

20. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

These scammers have been doing it for years....
    If everyone totally ignored them and didnt respond then they wouldnt have a scamming business anymore
    Leave them be to fester