horse insurance??

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by trail junkie, Jun 27, 2009.

1. trail junkie

trail junkie New Member

hey all!!

i was wondering what pet insurance you all would recommend??
    is it different prices for sex of the horse?? (looking at for stallion & mare)
    price doesnt matter, as long as it is reliable:)

thanks in advace

2. pso

pso Gold Member

petplan lets you work out online quotes...so you can play around and work out the best price;)

3. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

Both my horses are insured with Logans, they are awesome!

4. myponies

myponies Guest

Do Logans cover vet bills now? When I insured mine 18mths ago they wouldn't do any where near the $$ cover for vet bills that PetPlan do.

5. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

I suppose it depends on what you are looking for....?

I would expect the premium would be higher if they covered vet bills....

6. loisal

loisal Guest

As an equine insurer, we understand that no two horses are alike - which is why our horse insurance policy can be as individual as your horse. Just look at what we can offer with our horse insurance cover...
    Under our vet's fees cover, we will pay up to £5000 per incident (age 30 days to 15 years).
    Our standard personal liability cover is £2.5 million, which can be increased up to £10 million on request.
    Cover if your animal dies, goes missing or causes an accident (age 30 days to 15 years).
    A local branch, with helpful, experienced staff. Search for yours now.
    Limitations and exclusions apply.

7. mochaminx

mochaminx Well-known Member

Hi Loisal, I would like a quote but cant find any info on you.....
    ets.. just realized you must be an overseas based insurer, sorry

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  8. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

we have our horses insured with Brooks & Inglis and I couldn't recommend them highly enough - that is Stallion, mares, foals and sale youngsters. Very comprehensive, competitive rates, great service and they can tailor plans to suit your requirements.**)

9. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Active Member

Have used Brooks Goodwood in the past and had a death claim, they were awesome, they handled all the paperwork, queries etc and paid the claim really fast, plus were very sensitive to the emotional owner. Have now gone with Petplan purley for the vet bill cover, and the premium was cheaper.