Horse healers/shamans

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Rayes, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

ok now the y horse has told the horse communicator his name address his history his aches and pains

does the HC give the horse any advice.

well if you did this and behave in a proper manner then you wouldnt have to be worked thru any of the issues that you have.

If you keep up your behavior you will trucked off to a far worse place.

2. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

.................................amen :)*

3. Because some of us take the responsibility for other people's stuff ups and actually care about the horse as a horse, an individual that knows fear, pain and has as much right to life as any human... we consider them as horses that have been messed up by some idiot, not a throw-away commodity.

I believe the view that horses are a throw-away-commodity is one that seriously messes up a lot of lives. So much neglect and abuse I have seen has been caused by somebody who has the attitude of "This one's screwed, but thats OK, plenty more where 'it' came from" and "Who cares, its just a horse."
    Yuk.

Somebody has to care about them and help those who are 'ruined' by some careless or thoughtless jerk then tossed aside like a piece of rubbish.

And before you all start arguing about dangerous horses and horses that 'deserve' to be shot (I hate that word used in that context) I am talking about horses that won't just kick your silly head right off because they're too far gone. I am talking about horses with difficulties that can be worked around, worked through and after time, effort and sensible care can live a comfortable happy life. I see lots of these.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2010
  4. lulubelle

lulubelle New Member

Thank you Merrylegs....

5. beks

beks Well-known Member

Thankyou Merrylegs,
    Horses are not born broken we humans break them we must take the responsability for all that goes wrong or right in our horses lives,
    and yes if it is fixable then we must try everything we can.
    We have gone mad when an animal becomes a throw away comodity.
    god help us!
    Beks:))

6. ASH lover

ASH lover Well-known Member

I have been watching this thread with interest and I am NOT being totally sarcastic here.....

Ok, so lets forget the little sticking point of the language that the horse "speaks" to be able to make itself understood....

A horse "communicator" should then, in theory (definition of comminucation is that it is a two way thing), be able to tell the horse to stop being so precious and buck its ideas up when it is warranted!

...Now that skill COULD be useful!

7. sparkie

sparkie Well-known Member

ah but in respect to the horse and the horse communicator it is not the job of the communicator to sort out issues between a partnership of any kind it would be like you coming to my kid and telling them how to behave without my input.....why is it always put down to the horse being misbehaved...not the other way round?..i bet those horse communicators out there WILL NOT tell you everything they pick up simply because of the simply blinded lot of handlers out there thinking they are never in the wrong.... it was my horse who bucked it was my horse who bit me......well i ask this WHAT DID YOU DO TO MAKE YOUR HORSE DO THAT...9 times out of 10 it is the communicator of any kind who misinterprets the horse dog cat etc....why in the world do we think we are so supperior that we are never in the wrong...trust me those who believe under no circumstance is it them who is creating the problem (these people are the most shut off people around) it generally is....in some manner. a horse communicator is paid to do one job and unless it is nessaccesary to tell the owner what the horse has relayed they will otherwise they will not rock the boat...on the other hand i would most certainly rock that boat people need to start knowing the truth and stop burrying their head in the sand cause they are affraid of the outcome if they look from underneath their safe little rock...how else is people going to start to wake up to the possiblities that ARE out there...no need to go get a PH.d to be able to think for yourself.

i would sell my car float etc in order to have my horse healthy and a big issue sorted out...of course my partner wouldnt allow it but if i were on my own i would all depending on the outcome of course...i love my animals as much as i do my human family and i will do all in my power to help any of them....horse can suffer depression also and anger issues we have debates on angry and nasty horses so if a horse can be in a emotional state it is able to think for itself isnt it...? so why do we think they are not as complexed as us humans? stumps me...anything that can hold an emotion is most certainly on the same level as humans.

8. jacko88

jacko88 Well-known Member

Merrylegs I see lots of them too, heaps in fact, and in the right hands I'm sure someone could turn them into something if they had the skill and time.

I don't see horses as a "throw away commodity" at all, a commodity for sure but certainly not throw away.

If I had a dollar for every time I saw someone that wanted a new horse (not meaning to stereotype at all but normally ladies who just want a horse to pleasure ride), went out and bought an off the track thoroughbred because the price was right and he was just so quiet, then didn't have the skill to educate it for what they wanted to do, spent lots of money on trainers and other various gimmicks trying to get that horse sorted, still couldn't get along with the horse or feel safe on it, so then sold to slaughter or some other poor sucker who thought they could fix it.......

My main point is if one of these people had spent a bit more to start with on buying a horse that had actually been bred to do more than run around a track, had been broken in well and educated properly for whatever discipline they wanted to do, then they would be miles in front with both money and time, and would be able to drag it out the paddock, hop on and enjoy riding.

9. Totally agree Jacko, people do need to be much more sensible and smart when buying horses for themselves. What you have described is a big problem with people overestimating their abilities or underestimating the horse's needs.

I didn't say YOU thought of them as throw away commodities, only that many people did and the attitude was a root of a lot of problems. I was answering the question you asked at the end of your last post :)

10. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

If you've owned more than one horse, you'd know they have different personalities- not just man-made 1's, well its the same as people, some want to learn & listen,-- but others dont.
    Thats my understanding of it. **)

Cheers
    Lee

11. sparkie

i dont agree with people who are over estimating themselves i see that those who have the ability who dont help those who are more than capable when they are asked for help....everyone has got to start somewhere and it is of my opinion those smaller people who do know what to do and how to deall with it just dont want another person on the scene to become as good as or if not better than them....even if the person has overestimated themselves help them understand they have done just that by helping them when asked for help...instead of ridiculing them for their choice and bagging them for their mistakes how about the constructive comments plus some encouraging ones too....!!! this is why we have horses like we do and we have handlers like we do...we only limit ourselves by our own projections....

mistakes are made in order to learn from them...how do you learn not to touch a hot surface an dhow it feels when you do if you dont...? it wakes you up and scares you into thinking for yourself...

12. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

OMG ! I've seen and almost everyone on here - some real dickh**ds when it comes to buying their first horse- and alot of them dont listen to older wiser horse ppls....some of them dont even ask for help !! and when they realise they need help most of the time its a quick-fix they're after ! :mad::(

Cheers
    Lee

13. sparkie

yep i agree. so they are the only ones putting themselves in danger. let them learn from their mistakes plus shouldnt who ever sold the horse to them be some sort of responsible...i dont know. this is so off track to what this subject is hey...lol

14. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

one of my horses that l bred fantastic manners on the ground super to ride on trails. But she will never make a dressage horse or a jumper which is what l wanted to do.

i used to have private lessons on her, my ambitions were greater than what she could do comfortably :( plus following the coaches instructions to the letter l now have a horse who has some added on problems. she started to throw her head up and down and around not pleasant having ears in your face, then the going backwards followed by the half rears .

At riding club one day one of the instructors was in raptures over my horse, did everything perfect at the walk on the longer rein, as soon as l took up contact and went to trot all the problems were there

Her advice was stunning horse but the horse needs to learn to look after you other wise its a bullet. Trigger finger was pointed at her head :(

that day l changed the way l was riding her :))the actual breakthru was the same day different instructor.We did polework. Instructor said dont worry where her head is just open your rein more outwards rather than backwards and just let her do the poles.

This instructor said lovely horse she really does want to do the right thing and you can see her trying to understand.

2 instructors on the same day same behavioral problems in both classes but one class allowed her to be a lot more forward and comfortable.
    l dont resent what the first instructor said as that gave me a much needed kick up the butt

l still have problems with her more of unsteady in head but l no longer have behavoural problems with her :eek: she still is the same horse but l ride her now with a lot more thought.

Her

15. EVP

EVP Gold Member

This has got to be absolute claptrap. Sorry Sparkie, but not all people are that childish or immature. We're not talking school kids here argueing over who got the biggest ice-cream. People do offer to help.......and many times are not thanked for their efforts, are then considered to be "know-it-alls", "big-heads", and more times are told their help isn't needed, or the advise isn't followed anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genuine people who ask for help with their horses SHOULD be mature enough to actually be able to decipher the advise, use it constructively and with purpose.
    Advise isn't GIVEN constructively..........it should be TAKEN constructively!
    Advise is given impartially and without bias..........but it isn't always taken that way. Sometimes people don't want to know the truth.....because that will make them REALLY have to assess (or re-assess) themselves or their horse!
    Saying that a horse person has to learn from their mistakes is all well and good....does that mean we should throw kids who can't swim into the deep end so they can learn to swim to save themself???????????
    And what of the kids who got serious burns while "learing about that hot surface"?........

Sorry, but its a bit too late to learn a horse lesson if you are dead or in a wheelchair isn't it?

I don't understand this statement at all and have no idea how this would help a person handle or ride their horse better.

16. Mater

Mater Well-known Member

I've been projecting out that I can fly and it hasn't happened yet. Maybe I need to jump from a cliff and fall so I can learn a lesson.

17. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

people will only take in and learn what they want to learn.

some people say go for it as it works perefectly and theres not other way
    some people will have a go to see and if it works it works
    some people wont have a go but respect peoples choices
    and some people are set in certain ways and nothing new can enter their heads.

best way with new things is to be one of the middle options. then you arent seen as fanatical or narrow minded. pick through things and see what works for you

18. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Active Member

19. Firstly:D IMO it is much smarter to learn on someoneelse's mistakes instead of making your own (no pun intended SomeoneElse:)*)
    Secondly:D IMO before going into depth of speculating about equine subconcious, it would be better to investigate how human consious and subconsious work and go from there.;). if you know what to look for and how to read mind of a human owner, you'd be able to deliver a "reading" on his/her horse without real difficulties.;)
    Observation, observation and more observation plus a gift of a gab and you are in the money!:}
    Thirdly:D, I think people should PAY for a good advice, then they won't disregard it and do stupid things. Experience and education cost a lot of money, why give it away for free when it doesn't get appreciated?

20. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

No Mater dont do that!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.