Horse Beaches In Perth

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Cool Rebellion, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Cool Rebellion

Cool Rebellion New Member

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew where any horse beaches are in Perth. The only one i know of is Freo (Cockburn) but you have to be off by 9am :( If anyone could help that'd be fantastic.

Thanks

2. WITCHERY

WITCHERY Well-known Member

If you go a bit further down ok way futher down there is the secrete horse beach ! I can't tell you were it is because i don't know myself I just know how to get there!

We are off there next saturday!

3. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

There is one near Whitfords.
    It's just south of Pinnaroo Point

4. up n awayy

up n awayy New Member

horse beaches

there is at least two horse beaches i know of in kwinana, which is not far at all and really nice beaches. i take my two there almost every second morning in the summer

5. Anna_Smiler

Anna_Smiler Well-known Member

directions?

just wondering if anyone can give me directions from the swan valley to the horse beach in kwinana? we realize its far away but we dont mind :) we're making a whole day outting of it. so if anyone can let me in on how to get there, it would be greatly appreciated!

6. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

If you're in swan valley you should go to the horse beach at Whitfords, it's much closer!

You would go down Gnangara Rd, left on to Wanneroo Rd, right on the Whitfords Ave and follow that all the way to the end, left at the round about and it's about 500m to your right:)

I have no idea how to get to the Horse beach in Kwinana

7. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

There are 2 horse beaches in Kwinana.
    The most poular one is off Riseley Road.
    If you come down the freeway turn right onto Anketell Road.
    Follow Anketell Road to the very end (down near the Motorplex) and then turn right at the lights onto Rockingham Road.
    Then take your first left which is a set of lights at Beard Street.
    Follow to the end and turn right at the round-a-bout onto Leath Road.
    Take your first left onto Barter Road and follow it around. As you go around the bend to the left it becomes Riseley Road and at the end of the road is a big limestone car park.
    You can also come down Tonkin Hwy then run down Thomas Road to Anketell road and take Anketell Road from start to end.
    Hope this helps.

8. Nannoo

Nannoo Well-known Member

AHHH... People keep telling me there a horse beach in wanneroo! THIS IS NOT WANNEROO - its Pinnaroo Point!

AND

I would be very hesitant to take my horse there as there is far too many dogs that attack horses down there. There's signs up saying no dogs beyond this point, but as if they read or obey... totally disregard the horse area.#(

9. oakover

oakover Well-known Member

Definitely agree that there are alot of dogs there. I always go there and just tell people to get their dogs away otherwise my horse will kill their dog, that's why I have my horse restrained, LOL.
    They usually give you a weird look but get their dogs away real quick, even when I have my minis there.

10. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

As far as I am aware the Kwinana Horse Beach is immediately North of the big blue wheat silos - so you can see it miles before you get there :)

Last time we went, you were only allowed to ride on the beach until 10am but were allowed to play in the water until 12 midday. Got to love Kwinana Council's thinking - how do you get your horse from the water to the carpark? Not sure how that will affect your "all day outting" plans Cool Rebellion.

It is a beautiful safe beach though and we have had dolphins swim up to the horses! Amazingly the horses didn't blink an eye.

11. up4thechase

up4thechase Active Member

We take our ponies and horses to the 2 beaches in Kwinana and we go all times of the day and haven't had any trouble yet with the council. I haven't noticed any signs advising of times at the Riseley Road one (thanks Zaza didn't know the street name)and we see people with horses there all hours of the day, this is my preferred beach but I have noticed a few motorbikes there lately but they generally don't come near you. There is also the one at the side of the wheat silos and we used to ride the race horses there in the mornings, there is sign posts there with times but I must say I have never taken notice of them (tutt tutt for me) nor do a lot of people. They are both beautiful beaches. Hope to see you there one day. My avatar pic is actually taken at the side of the wheat silos, you can see the blue silo thingy in the background.

12. cavalletti

cavalletti Active Member

How do you get to the one near the silos? Its on rockingham beach rd isn't it? Maybe not, though... I'm so lost but I really want to go. Can I please have directions to get there?

13. Zegger

Zegger Well-known Member

which horse beach is better the whitfords or kwinana?

14. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

No comparison. Kwinana!

I used to go to Whitfords all the time. That was until I went to Kwinana instead. Whitfords is pathetic by comparison. Everything is better at Kwinana - the water, the beach (about a millin times longer), the parking. For me, even the drive down there is less taxing (Roe Hway and Freeway).

15. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

PM me Anna. I can give you directions. :)

16. Chloe's Mum

Chloe's Mum New Member

Hi all, Have read prev info re horse beaches and agree Kwinana's better. Took an explore drive last wk to suss out beaches. Whitfords has a VERY narrow beach and is short. Also lots of kite surfers at the end n parking minimal #(. Did the drive as wanted to go for a long beach ride. Tried at Quinns rocks-narrow, steep and paved track down to beach not safe for horses (or Joe public). Then on to Pipidinny Rd (Between quinns & Yanchep), drove down to end but ran out of time so didn't walk the 500mt from end of to the beach. Totally deserted. Looked like lots of riding through dunes and along beach (see google earth). Has anyone ridden up there? What's it like?

17. beaudacious

beaudacious Well-known Member

wouldnt recommend pipidiny for swimming the horses or walking along the waters edge. theres alot of hidden rock slabs that run out into the water and suddenly drop off and at certain times of year you will run into bluebottles and bits of metal from the alkimos and fishing boats.

just north of pipidinny used to be pretty good (bit rocky in places) back when stables yanchep was operating but nowdays theres alot of fishermen, surfers, 4wds, dirtbikes, dogs, campers, bulls and very angry rangers to contend with so i would steer clear unless you know the tracks well and can run really fast :p

18. Chloe's Mum

Chloe's Mum New Member

OMG! Thanks Beaudacious, **)sounds like you've saved me from an 'interesting' *#)expedition. Any other suggestions for beach riding (with or without the swimming):)

19. beaudacious

beaudacious Well-known Member

lol no prob :p *#) :p honestly though, its not that bad a beach given the alternatives ;)

if you cant find anywhere else to go, if your horse is safe and if you keep an eye out for "scary monsters" you should be fine. just be careful near the waters edge, stick to tracks close to the sand dunes on the north side of pipidinny (bulls paddock is south and northern tracks are easier to navigate) and be ready to put on your innocent face if the ranger sees you out there ;)

btw guilderton dog beach is supposed to be good. might be worth a drive out to check :)

20. MegShaMol

MegShaMol New Member

Agistment near Perth City

Hi everyone
    On a different note, does anyone know of any agistment, private or otherwise, closer to Perth than Swan Valley. I would like to see my horse more than once a day.
    Thanks