Himalayan Salt Rock

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Mad on Horses, Dec 30, 2008.

1. pso

pso Gold Member

LOL, Happy New Year Trojane- you're priceless!**):))

2. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

Pmsl trojane :)

3. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Active Member

But it's published! In a book! It must be true! (which reminds me: I've got another book somewhere here that says the world was created in six days...).:confused:

4. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

good one trojane you must have had some bubbles to get that one!!
    i reckon you definately are the winner of 1 gold star hence on your way to becoming Admin!!
    Congrats! (yes it was great!!):D

5. Ziggy the Piggy

Ziggy the Piggy Active Member

Hmmmm Smash, dont forget, it's each to their own!

I would'nt dream of ridiculing you (or anyone else) over your choice of horsehusbandry or feeding practices, but if it makes you feel good to ridicule anyone who has read a PC book or who has adopted some of those practices, then I suppose thats what makes you feel good?

To suggest that anyone who 'follows' PC needsabrainthatworks icypole.....thats a little offensive.

Even if we all dont agree or adopt all the differing feeding slyles, and the different horsehandling techniques that are on offer out there, some people may gleen a little bit of info from you and from me and from all sorts of people.

Thats how we all learn, and thank goodness we can make our own minds up about these things.

How about we keep the critism to ourselves and just share our opinions in a constructive way.

Thanks.:))

6. Trojane

Trojane Well-known Member

Hi Ziggy, thanks for providing details of the book. I appreciate that.:)*

I'm afraid - as we had been warned - PC arouses strong feelings. Please take Smash's icypole in good humour (which - unless you are PC - was very funny).
    I have not read PC, but if quotes are accurate, sounds potentially damaging to horses and deserves criticism. Sometimes things go beyond criticism and deserve to be mocked.
    In fairness must check out PC myself - Smash please rush me an insertcommonsense icypole and I'll head to the local library.

Lets all enjoy 2009 with our brains intact.:))

And thanks for kind words re Beagle's Challenge :D
    Any more contestants ????

7. Fiestymama08

Fiestymama08 Well-known Member

<<<<<<<<<< I think some people need to take some of these.
    and a few chill pills as well. It's good to hear differant opinions no need to run people down for having one. :(:(

8. smash

smash Well-known Member

its in the mail LOL hope it dont melt.
    please come back and tell us your findings on PC book LOL (if you dare) LOL LOL
    cheers

9. Ziggy the Piggy

Ziggy the Piggy Active Member

Smash, thanks for you PM, and your kind words.:)) Very much appreciated, and I look forward to getting that info through to you soon.

Cheers.:)):))

10. smash

smash Well-known Member

your welcome ZTP
    cheers

11. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

Making the call now.... ;)

Now to ask about sulphurpermangeatemagnoplasmirosupercalafragilistic salt which turns nutritionists purple, appeases the appetites of ponies, makes lamps which are great gifts for the fussiest of families and adheres to PC methods

Hope you all had a good New Year! I'm still recovering now!:))

12. Fiestymama08

Fiestymama08 Well-known Member

ROFL Yeah we can tell :p:p*#)

13. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

my understanding is that it actually is a more economical way to feed salt in that you can leave it in the paddock (wont melt in the rain) and unless your horse desires to devour it (which is not so good for the ol' kidneys)... i have one in my paddock for when my horse needs it - i much prefer it to top up his extra salt needs then putting it in his feed where he has no choice but to eat it, or in the form of the sugar filled mineral blocks. when it is hot or he has been working hard i notice he licks more, in response to the original question, if your ol boy keeps it up, perhaps it is not suitable for him... cant be too god for his kidneys to be working overtime... especially if he doesnt need it (not working hard)...

14. Mad on Horses

Mad on Horses Active Member

I have now taken it out of his shed and will put it back for short periods, I got these as he devours the normal blocks - and thought he was doing that as I had read they contain molasses.

I am now wondering if once he starts licking he just keeps doing so for his own entertainment.

15. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

I found something while I was surfing - looking up about cellulitis and I did came across to this! And thought I would link that for you to read about Himalayan Salt Rock

Himalaya

16. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Well that was a very interesting read.

Salt is apparently, just salt.

17. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Active Member

Sadly, it seems that many items marketed these days do not rely on any form of independent evidence, realistic claims, or truth, but solely on the principle that there's a sucker born every minute.

Scams continue because scams always make money.

18. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

What a shame it is such a pretty pink too...

19. smash

smash Well-known Member

*walks over and slaps nannygoat with a wet fish*
    he he he
    i enjoyed doing that LOL LOL LOL

20. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

oh you always did make me laugh!!

and I hate fish....