Hey finitey

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Noelle, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

@)

I just did a search on any stuff on sacroiliac joint pain and saw you had a problem with it last year. Did you end up sorting it out and what did you do?

Looks like my daughter's horse has this problem but not sure how bad it is. He has been seen by a chiropractor who has recommended a magnetic rug along with more treatment and there should be improvement within 6 weeks.

Hopefully my daughter can get it sorted out as well.

2. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

Get a Bowen Therapist out to check and treat your horse. You should get some good results from Bowen. I swear by it for me and my horses!!!

Laura Bird is one of the best in WA.

3. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Or get a vet chiro to take a look :)

I swear by Bowen, but it isn't going to be much help for a joint problem! Although it would help with associated muscle problems :)

4. finitey

finitey Well-known Member

Hi Noelle

I had John Kohnke out to see my boy and he was the vet that diagnosed bobby with sacroiliac back pain. I was told to put bobby on Muscle XL in conjunction with specific exercises walking over trotting poles 4 trotting poles set-up in a straight line, but you walked over them at a 90 deg angle in a figure of 8. I know John has produced a document detailing treatment of sacroiliac back pain, I can have a dig around for a copy of it. Otherwise if you contact him directly on info@kohnkesown.com or contact horsewest here in perth (I am assuming they are still rep's for john kohnke?) then you should be able to get a copy. My boy has alot less problems in that area now thoruhg slow and steady strengthening, but it is still something I am very careful to monitor with him. Bobby was bought back into work 5 weeks ago and I had a massager out to see him, she said he had very little pain in that area now - so there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel!!!

5. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Thanks finitey, I will pass this info onto my daughter. Fingers crossed she can get the problem fixed.

Thanks Caroline and mirawee; one of our stockies has given me the number for a couple of bowen therapists (including Laura Bird) and I have given them to my daughter. Hopefully she will check that out.