Help!

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Lauren, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Hi, i've rang every farrier/blacksmith in the yellow phone book and their either full, on holidays or won't do the baldivis area. My boys feet have 2 REALLY big cracks in them and i need someone 2 trim them ASAP. Does anyone know of a farrier in the baldivis area? (i don't care about price). Thanks heaps.

2. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

i dont know anyone in baldivis but i so wish you the best of luck getting a farrier...

can you transport him???

i know its a distance but theres a farrier out here you could travel too to get his feet done...

(i dont use him my boys not good at floating, but have heard great reviews)

bumping for nite stockies...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  3. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

What happened to your last farrier??

4. Cornish Pixie

Cornish Pixie Active Member

Hi Lauren

I do know of a farrier in the Baldivis area - called Ben - he lives at Greenfield Park Agistment Centre at Baldivis - will PM you his telephone number tomorrow if that helps - I dont have it on me! #(

Lisa x

5. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

I've only had the horse 8 weeks. I started looking for a farrier 2 weeks ago (his last owner got them done the same week i got him). Yes that would be great Lisa. I can't transport him Dirtbug coz i don't have a float, but thanks.

6. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

thats ok lauren

i do wish you good luck in getting a farrier asap, can you ring his last owners and get the name of his last farrier...

he might want to keep your horse on his books so to speak :)

7. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Because i have moved the horse to a new agistment he won't come out that far. Thanks for your well wishes. Hopefully the farrier Lisa knows will turn out ok... otherwise i'm stuck!.. :D

8. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

(bump!) i still havn't found 1. I rang Malcolm McKenzie who was recomended to me. But he wouldn't be able to do him until the end of January :(. Does any1 else know some 1? Thanks

9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Good luck Lauren. A lot of farriers have holidays over Christmas/New Year and then have to catch up on their backlog...

10. Wendy

Wendy Well-known Member

I believe my old retired farrier, Graham Hall, has a son that now does farriery. Sorry don't remember what the son's name is, but the Dad will know and his number is 94101028. Worth a try.

11. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Thanks Wendy, i gave his dad a call. his son is named Justin. I rang but their was no call. So i'll try again later. I never realised how hard it was to get a farrier.

12. mystere

mystere New Member

is it just a trim you require??? If so im sure someone will be willing to help you out on here, lots of people do there own trims!

13. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

I rang the man Wendy suggested. His son Justin is coming out at 10 tomorrow. Thank you very much Wendy :).