height

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by celestialdancer, Jun 11, 2008.

1. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

okay.

i am going to the busselton gymkhana. BUT. what height classes do i enter for my hacking! Rahn was measured in march '05 at 16.1/4hh. so do i enter him in all the 16hh + classes and take the height card?

or will it be so out of date they won't count it?

2. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

hey Annie!
    I didn't know there was a Busselton Gymkhana! I have to go! Argghh!! haha now... I think you should just take your card... To be on the safe side... And if they really want to challenge how big he is just tell them to measure him lol but if you dont take your card then you might not have any proof that he is over 16hh... Hope that helps, even if it didn't make much sense lol...
    :)

3. celestialdancer

KAYLI!!!

this is well hectic!!

yeah i know, i doubt they will comment but i don't want to get into trouble for having a card that is 'out of date' that they could argue against? although he wouldnt have grown since then :p

PM for details bout the gymkhana :)

4. Agent86

Agent86 New Member

hey annie remind me tomorrow and i wil ask mum about it.
    i think that you should just go in the 16 plus classes so that i can compete against you.But no seriously i think that would be the safest option
    :)*
    sorry if that was not much help ahhaha
    call me tomorrow and i wil find out about it for you!!!!!!**)

5. celestialdancer

i am not going in the 16hh + if u r going on cookie. i do NOT want to show myself up :p

6. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

my mares 14.1 1/2hh and never been challenged for height

7. showhorsewa

showhorsewa New Member

Hello Girls,
    Height Certificates are pretty important at some events and it is a Show Horse Rule (both EFA and SHC) that you require an annual certificate. I'm pretty sure that Busselton has a bay so there might even be measuring on the day.
    I realise that if your horse is over 16h it is probably pretty immaterial in your eyes but everyone metro has to have an annual certificate, whether official or unofficial so I'd check with the show organisers if I was you.
    Aside from that, have a great time and I hope you don't get drenched!

8. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

yeah annie it is generally not a prob unless your like floss and decide to be smack on 14.2 and your rider likes taking you in the pony classes then i allways have to make sure i have her card but other wize ......

Thumper ..... lol