HEAVY HORSE SALES ECHUCA

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Angimac, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Angimac

Angimac Well-known Member

There is going to be a heavy horse sale at Echuca on Wednesday 16th August and Friday 18th August 2017. This will include gear.
    There is a dealer out bidding private buyers at the sales and then saying they will going up the hill to his son's knackery if people do not pay double the winning bid price. He got a really nice clydie x gelding on Friday. Him and the others were on Save A Slaughter Horse Australia page.

Please if you know anyone that wants a clydie, gypsy cob or Percheron or part breds to have a look.

At Echuca Horse Sales - Wednesday 16th sale there will be a papered with the CCHS Clydesdale mare that has produced Sydney and Melbourne Royal winners. She is out of Narioka Fair Chance
    There are another couple of clydie crosses.

On Friday 18th Andrew Wilson & Co sale there will be a few Highgate clydie young stock, 3 Percheron x ridden 5 yr olds, a 2yo 3/4 gypsy cob filly by Watermark Showman and out of Boharn Chloe, nice blk/wh clydie/qh broodie and others.
    Some gear and a bright pink wagon.

2. Angimac

CCHS registered Barney Rubble will be at the Echuca Heavy Horse sale tomorrow (Friday 18th). Also some Billabong Ranch clydie crosses.

3. Angimac

Depot Horses In Transit got 4 heavy horses from Friday's sale.

Maffra Knackery also got 4 of the horses. 3 Clydesdale crosses (one a 2.5 year old filly) and a Warmblood gelding (cannot see brands). Maffra horses on Save A Slaughter Horse page. They have until Wednesday.

4. Alma

Alma New Member

I was there and avail the best of that sale. It was the best one i have availed in 2017. Now i am gonna avail again Christmas sale but this time it will be online. I will use my Christmas coupon codes and enjoy the deals.

5. Angimac

There will be another heavy horse sale in April. I have put details in the horse sales thread.

6. Angimac

Ok there is going to be 2 heavy horse sales on Friday 27th April.
    One on Echuca Horse Sales - Wednesday at the Echuca sale yards. Also qhs being sold.

There other is run by Andrew Wilson & Co and will be in Elmore Victoria. This sale will also have rabbit, poultry, horse etc feed for sale.

Please if you are looking for a heavy horse check our their pages next week. The details will start going up soon.

Do not know how the new owners of Carlton beer will sell the clydie team there as they are no longer using the horses.

You never know what will turn up at these sales, Coliban mare went thru before.

7. Angimac

Photos and details of horses going up on both pages. Both pages have absentee bidding.
    I like the gypsy caravan on Wilsons page.

8. Angimac

Not many comments on either page. Looks like dealers might be in with a chance this year.

9. Angimac

The Andrew Wilson & Co Elmore heavy horse sale only had 32 horses listed a lot were passed in and only 1 went to depot and Maffra. Although depot, Maffra and shepp are the only dealers listed in results. There is Eric Hutchings(?), Glen Stibbard, Chris Wilson, Brad Scott, Les Evans etc etc that are not listed by name.

Concerning the Echuca heavy horse sale today, I am nearly in tears. No results but the insensitive auctioneer put up a doggers livestock truck picking up a truck load of horses after the sale.
    These were beautiful heavy horses, there were a few clydie x mares in foal to a black clydie with white blaze and four white socks. One very beautiful girl had not only fed and cared for her own foal but also an orphan foal. The 3 of them started the day off in the same pen but before the sale started the orphan was put in a pen on its own. The poor thing looked petrified. (This is how a lot of foals are weaned. The saleyards are a very scary place to be weaned.)

10. Angimac

It is that time of year for heavy horse fans. Andrew Wilson & Co are putting up presale ads for Friday 5th April 2019.
    There are two clydies that were at the Moora (not sure if WA or they have same place over east) heavy horse show. One was in an eleven horse team.

There are harness ponies as well.

Not sure if they are still 3 hours ahead of WA.

All details are on Andrew Wilson & Co page.