Heating up on Equijewel?

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Brodie1808, Mar 25, 2009.

1. mini magic

mini magic Active Member

Wow thanks people for your investigations!:D Ive wondered many times (when I hand over the $56 at the stockfeeders!!) if there was much difference between Ricebran and Equijewel? However I am soo happy with the results feeding Equijewel has achieved with my boy I darn't take him off it now!! His topline/bum and coat is a million bucks!!! It has made him a little hotter but im not complaining about that.
    Has anyone worked out how much a cup of Equijewel weighs?? I dont have scales!

2. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

heheh I am thinking of the term 'hit the nail on the head' :D

3. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

smash that product you are talking about wouldn't start with c and end in t would it?

4. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

now im just kicking myself for not coming up with the idea.... i could be rich!!
    :))
    the wonder feed im raving about atm is the copra coolstance, the coconut stuff. love it love it love it.
    has anyone tried this? had any problems?

5. smash

smash Well-known Member

troppo YES
    siren
    isnt that copra repackaged LOL LOL LOL

6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl Well-known Member

I started looking at this as well at the start of the week. I had a look on KER's website for the Equijewel, the analysis varied a bit from yours ritzy :confused:

Nutri-Rice allrounder is about $38 a bag where I am (the great southern) so I would think would be about $5 a bag cheaper in Perth.

I guess ultimately you could feed coprice rice bran, which is 1% less fat, 3% less fibre, and the same amount of protein as equijewel. Although I did here mention of someone directly contacting the company regarding coprice rice bran only to be told it's not actually made from rice anymore and they have been using barley :confused: Although not sure how much truth there is in that.

I'm going to swap over from feeding the Hygain Ice and Equijewel to Nutri-Rice Allrounder and the Weight Gain. Which I guess is just glorified pollard, sunflower seeds, soyabean meal and rice bran with a nice price tag.

Just a query for smash though, what is betonite in the weight gain? and why would they have caramel extract?

7. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

lol smash.
    im gonna play the ignorance card there **) its works, and thats i'll im going to think about :))

8. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

might go plant some coconut trees *#)

9. smash

smash Well-known Member

jag
    tis is just my opinion OK
    i WOULD NOT FEED WEIGHT GAIN TO ANY OF MY HORSES.
    betonite is a binding agent (it is use for CATTLE)
    caramal extract, is just that. flavoring.

*does the old "keep vampire away" signs with my hands*
    i would keep investigating jag, surely there are better products than that
    just remember, it is just my opinion
    cheers

10. smash

smash Well-known Member

lol siren,
    *passing you a lovely coconut tree*
    he he he

JAG, forgot to mention
    GOOD ON YOU FOR LOOKING ITO IT MORE.
    *passing you a cookie*

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  11. justanothergirl

justanothergirl Well-known Member

Nah that's fine I appreciate all advice. Just frustrated with this damn horse that won't put weight on, for love or money. *sigh*

I'm guessing your advice would be feed copra?

12. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

Thats my advice anyway!
    Ive got one of those horses that you tear your hair out trying to get weight on them.
    This has worked wonders for him.
    But just like everything.... its not for everyone.
    Good luck

13. proud_equestrian

proud_equestrian Active Member

Smash is back!

*waves*

Interesting thread ppls! Don't you just hate it how companies can do that... charge double the price for the same thing...

14. proud_equestrian

For Smashy...

seeing as we cant all feed your certain product...

what other products would you feed.... (in your opinion)

15. smash

smash Well-known Member

waves at PE
    how ya going ?
    now this would be a good time for you to join the "investigators" and start RESEARCHING what would be good for your baby.
    *hint* research what a horse of your horses age requires as in nutrition and then start INVESTIGATING.
    i cant make it too easy PE, or else ya just dont learn LOL, soooo this RESEARCH will help YOU HEAPS pumpkin.
    good luck
    cheers

16. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

I feed my young boy, Cullen on just 300grams a day of Smash's product and it's 20 kilo bag and it lasts me ages! And for my old fella, Fox he gets 1.5kg a day...both get a small biscuit of lucerne hay at nights. We have ample of green grass everywhere.

Pretty happy with it...it has saved me heaps of $$$

17. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

I might be a little slow here but what are you feeding smash??

PM me please :p

18. proud_equestrian

lol! I have done my research Smashy
    Am happy with what I am feeding (well- will be feeding when he comes home)

I was just asking in general :)

19. Brodie1808

Brodie1808 Active Member

all i can say is....glad my other half works for a co-op.....

discounted feed!!! yay lol the darn horse eats better then i do though

20. FDPH

FDPH Guest

Brodie 1808, have you tried full fat soya meal, or oil? Even a bit of pollard? i had a mare that was due to foal and she was a bit light on I started her on Pollard, Copra, Lucerne cubes and soya meal within six weeks she was shiny and fat in that time she foaled so had the lactating foal on her as well, I didn't keep feeding the pollard but replaced it with pellets. Just a thought to throw in the tank for you!!