Hay rolls

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by primrosecourt, Dec 1, 2007.

1. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

I see fields of the damn things everywhere but cant find anyone selling them!!
    Does anyone know of quality Hay Rolls for slae in Wooroloo area and surrounds?Need the delivered though!:)

2. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

There is a farm just off Trimmer Rd, between Northam and Clackline on the right heading to Perth that has rolls for sale. They have a "hay for sale" sign in the paddock. Dont know the number.

I have a hay supplier based in Northam that delivers. If you want his number please PM me.

3. pso

pso Gold Member

I know of a heap in bullsbrook, if you can find some way of transporting them?
    (I imagine rolling them up the truck ramp could be difficult!*#) )
    PM me if thats any use to you!
    :))

4. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

My neighbour has done some oaten hay rolls this year, he delivers too. He's been doing hay for a number of years and I've found it to be very good quality (and he's a nice bloke to boot). I'll PM you his name and number. (Be warned though... he likes to talk ;) )

5. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

Ohhh... my burning ear... just got off the phone from my neighbour (it's never a quick conversation!). His rolls are $70 out of the paddock if you come and get them (no doubt he would assist with loading - he's a nice bloke), but he can deliver 4 at a time (maybe 6) and the cost obviously would depend on your location. They are very solid (maximum density) 5 foot rolls, equivalent to about 18 bales/roll.

Hope that helps you out :)

6. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

theres about 30 farms on south western highway (?) the one that passes through bridgetown, kirup etc all those towns