Harvey times are up!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Little Bean, Jul 14, 2008.

1. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

same cait! i only get nervous for the dressage nothing else haha.

we are leaving at 6 and it will take us 2 hourse toi get there with rahni :D

2. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

wow i thought i was strange haha im not the only one :D

not 100% sure what time were leaving ... prob around 7.30, and it takes us around 45 minutes to get there. my test is at 11.02

3. celestialdancer

cait..... what grade r u doing? should catch up.....

although i say that to heaps of people then get too shy to haha

4. SpArTiAn

im in snr pre novice. my first one so a lil nervous hehe

what number are you? will keep a look out. im shy too!

5. Haulix

Haulix Well-known Member

im not sure what the road is called i just know where it is LOL so im not much help[/QUOTE]
    Oh how do you get there? i had a look at the map, do i just turn down king or uduc rd and go into the town? oh well i'll just drive around like a mad women in the town *#)

6. celestialdancer

haulix.... you wont be alone... you will probably meet up with us!!

haha.

cait... 215 is me :D riding a chestnut gelding 16hh :D u?

7. SpArTiAn

keep going along south west highway (past where the XC etc is) till you get into harvey. theres a turn off on the right that leads into town but i have no idea what its called. you keep following that past shops and oval is on the right. i think hahah someone might know the name of the road?

im number 55 on 16hh chesnut gelding with blaze in my avatar

8. celestialdancer

okay. well if i c u i will come and say hi! what time is your dressage?

9. SpArTiAn

ok i just had a look on a map im pretty sure its Uduc rd??

my dressage is at 11.02. when is yours

10. celestialdancer

10.2/38 so if you are warming up then, and you see me coma and say hi! :D

i am in busselton h&pc uniform.... maroon on a chestnut. probably talking instead of warming up haha. i will be the one in the arena going the wrong way!!!!

11. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

argghhh just about to go and feed up and leave !! yay ! not

12. GiGi

GiGi Guest

results from yesterday or today yet ?

13. Animosity

Animosity Well-known Member

Im about to go and watch.. hope i havent missed it all :(

14. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

I'm home :) .

Rosco finished his first prelim yay!! He did a mostly calm dressage test and was on 6's and 7's until his second canter in which we had a "bit" of miscommunication .... twice ....... which gave us an awful mark for that movement and it was a co-efficient so brought the whole test down doh! Oh well - he was calm for it and it was his first novice test - thats progress!!

XC .... Now that took some thinking about. It was good to have the riders briefing that night as the course WAS dangerous and proved to be for a couple who didn't take it slow. They slowed the time for all grades and took out fences where the ground was bad near them. The ground near the rest of the fences was pretty good so it was between the fences where you had to take it slow.

I didn't go for time - just as fast as I felt safe and trotted the 2nd bridge and powered home where the ground was good but picked up 18 time penalties which I didn't really care about too much as I was very pleased to have him jump so well for his first prelim - only the water took quite a bit of "persuasive" riding (and pony club kicks :D ) which I expected.

SJ - was pretty good once he got into the arena (he doesn't like going away from other horses :eek: ) and felt nice to ride. Knocked 2 rails - one because we got too close (I'm used to liq who is clean from any spot lol) and another he tapped behind over the last part of the double which I think he was just a bit tired for.

Overall we were mid field all through the w/e but I was stoked with how he went for his first prelim - felt like he'd done it forever :D .

Hope everyone had a good w/e - the stockies I saw went well!!

15. Animosity

Animosity Well-known Member

I got some pics :D
    Im in the process of getting them on the computer :)*

16. pso

pso Gold Member

Well done esy, glad you stayed safe and rosco was good!**)

Was thinking of you all at 6am....:p

Now where is everyone else with their results and pics?:)

17. kat.loves.omes

kat.loves.omes Active Member

Congats Springbok, just good that you stayed nice and safe!
    Didnt end up going,on thurs went out in morning and rode and pony was awesome but then put him out in paddock to wait for farrier, and he hooned and hooned and hooned, and managed to either tare or bow a tendon:( :( #( , we wont know until its scanned on tues:( :( I'm so devasatated, he has to be boxed to start with and he hates it!

But thats us out for at least the rest of the season, possibly longer:( :(

But hope everyone else had a great weekend!!!!

18. beckys_best

beckys_best Well-known Member

I went to watch and have A heap!!! of pics even of the biggest fall of the day ...the rider who fell down the bank 6 foot drop :eek: after her horse ducked out at the bridge OUCH!!! I spoke to her after(to give her pics) and the horse and rider are fine:D once all the pics are on the puta I will post some I got some awsome pics of the 1and2* bridge drop down

19. SpArTiAn

i am so knackered LOL hate those damn hills

my boy did pretty good for his first pre novice (it was me who stuffed up not him :p) did an ok dressage test, i was a little nervous ... once again marshal stuff up so i had to speed over to the judge so i got myself in a state like i do. first attempt at that test and got 61.8

XC he was such a star, just lack of concentration and i stopped riding into number 3a so had a stop (chevron on a little hill) but was my fault not his, settled him down and attempted it again with me riding properly and did it like an old pro.
    the rest of the course he was great! i just had ALOT of time penalties as i mostly trotted through the mud/over bridges and a steady canter everywhere else.

and SJ he jumped quite nicely. poor bugger was very tired though, got 2 rails.

well done everyone **) nice meeting you HG and celestialdancer(very briefly LOL) too

20. celestialdancer

haha cait...... i must have seen you jumping the PN chevron as well as summer then.... mum was JJ and i stayed and watched you all. quite a few horses had stops at that fence. :D