Harvey times are up!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Little Bean, Jul 14, 2008.

1. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

i am so glad im not doing this hope every1 gets around without injury its going to be disgusting down on the bottom of the hills good luck and be carefull

2. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

springbok... smae as me.... i am not going to complete if rahni feels uncertain or worried or anxious about the course at all. if he feels like he needs to stop we will stop. i am not risking his confidence.

however.... saying that..... if he feels okay and comes back to me... moves off my leg stops. goes etc. i might just trot the whole thing. if there is a part which is especially dangerous i will retire.

the poor boy wont want too but i am not hurting him!!! Also..... i thank the lord i am not at the end of everyone... probably about 1/3rd down so the jumps wont be so boggy as for the people at the end of the line :( i really do feel for them! :(:(

3. celestialdancer

just a point o add...... i know this is busso and not harvey but the skies are clearing and the clouds are breaking. have the odd drizzle of rain but nothing heavy. winds are strong and the boys are in the shelter but everything is drying out with the wind pressure.

hopefully it is the same as this up at harvey. cause then things will dry out a little. so when the rains come tomorrow the rain will only be damp :D

heres to hoping!!!!

ps. it is actually pretty warm outside considering so hopefully things will dry out :D

4. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

I have just spoken to the organisers, They didn't get that huge storm that came through Perth this morning, and the TD is going to olook at the xc course this afernoon, and will pull out any jumps where the ground isn't safe.

That in mind, you can contact the organisers tonight to find out for definate as to whether it is going ahead.

5. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Well be glad of the wind today it will help move some of the water still conditions are bad for drying. good luck everyone and ride safe.

6. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

does anyone know if dogs are allowed? doesn't say anything on the website, etc.

Jed's all plaited and ready to go ... just need to clean bridle and boots.

7. celestialdancer

yep everything is packed... rahni is plaited. - not that he enjoyed being plaited - and he is tucked away in his jammies for the night. just annoying i have to strip him to like nothing for the float trip tomorrow as he is such a hot boy :(

dunno about dogs cait. if it is little... please dont take it lol... rahni doesnt like small dogs haha

8. Haulix

Haulix Well-known Member

I'm a little confused :confused: what is the street name for the show grounds the dressage is on? i so don't want to get lost tomorrow morn, hehe i get stressed when i'm lost

9. celestialdancer

omg haulix same!

mum starts panicking and then drives badly haha - only cause the ute really isnt up to pulling the ufo and rahni haha

10. SpArTiAn

lol CD no she isn't little ... shes a 4 month old lab puppy :p

im not sure what the road is called i just know where it is LOL so im not much help

11. celestialdancer

oh thats okay then.

rahni wont mind. i dont mind if you her :D:D

12. LeedaleLodgeChik

LeedaleLodgeChik Well-known Member

still dont know what to do.... i havent packed yet. but i have heaps of time in morning not on till 3.

13. celestialdancer

lucky you LLC!!!!

14. LeedaleLodgeChik

hah yeha i dont know whether its luck or not. i may go and compete the dressage phase and walk the course and talk to laurelle and see what she is doing even though she is 2* and im 1* but the conditions dont change for anyone really. i think the event would of run smoothly if this rain was last week or early week or history its too much to often. but hey then you have to say to yourself eventing is a winter sport but then again this isnt a "normal" winter

15. SpArTiAn

hey liz you could walk XC before your dressage! :p haha sleep in for you.

i dont care if its a winter sport i hate rain........

16. LeedaleLodgeChik

nah i will walk after or i will get confused a shit load 1* tests arent easy i tell you... yeah i will still wake up at 7 knowing me. :p and i wanna do dressage to atleast get my money worth well not really in 1* its like 1 quarter of your moneys worth

17. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

I'm not on until after 3pm either ............ yet I'm leaving at 5am :( .

I have packed and am ready to go - will get down there and see.

I'm not making any decision (unless it's made for me :D ) until I walk the course ...

18. LeedaleLodgeChik

5 AM YOUR CRAZY... haha.. harvey is like just down the road form me haha nah like a 1hr possibly more in this weather. haha :)*

19. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Only takes us two and a bit hours - reason for leaving so early is because mum has to be there for 8.30 to judge *sigh* .

20. SpArTiAn

ohhh that sucks esy!! i'd hate to have to sit around all day waiting for my test ... i get so nervous for dressage :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2008