Harvey times are up!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Little Bean, Jul 14, 2008.

1. LeedaleLodgeChik

LeedaleLodgeChik Well-known Member

:( ahh. today. SHIT. why this weekend why the weekend im not allowed to hurt myself. GOD DAM BALL

2. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

I think 3 star only had one competitor anyway.

I'll still be there spectating, come rain, hail or shine. I have a trusty driza-bone. Come on Chavi, toughen up, if I can do it you can do it!! ;-)

3. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

Hehe Belinda, I think I might need a drizabone if it's anything like today. Then again, I still have a gift card for Horseland, maybe I can go and buy one. My riding lesson today DID get cancelled after all, so I also have $100 spare that I would have spent :)* I'll get back to you :p Only thing putting me off is the drive down really, so we'll see.

4. eventingchild

eventingchild Well-known Member

hey guys
    if you look on the radar
    from about dwellingup to gingin
    there is reallllly heavey rains

but at harvey they are light to moderate
    :)

I like have my eyes glued to the weather website
    and before there was quite a bit of heavey rains forcasted
    but everytime it updates there is less and less
    :)

5. eventingchild

hey you come on msn :)

6. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

drive safe ND! this weather is nuts.

7. Belinda

Eventingchild - whats the forecast for Capel for tomorrow morning (if you don't mind looking!!!)

8. eventingchild

I cnt see on this site what the weather will be like tomorrow morning
    but you shouldnt have to much rain during the day but you still have

here is the site
    256 km Perth Radar Loop

9. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

i dont like rain. and rahni cannot wear studs as he has no shoes :( very dissapointed about the weather. but praying for lighter weather and sunshine. if it is fine on sunday i will still be competing. if it is yucky on sunday might scratch. dont want to push rahn at his first event with me.

gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay weather. just checking the forecast now..... says rain and wind but clearing. so hopefully good!

everyone pray for sunshine!

10. celestialdancer

11. Belinda

thanks EC, that's great.

12. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

It's not so much the weather on sunday which i'm worried about (they've been saying all week it should be fine :) ). It's the fact that we've HAD heaps of rain the week before - much more than last year and it won't have had time to dry out. Last year most of the course was great once you got up on the hills but the first part in the valley was veryyy wet and slippery (my horse had studs in all 4 feet!) so after more rain this year Í'm worried that part is under water.

13. celestialdancer

ahhh i see. maybe i will walk that part and not worry about time haha

14. Little Bean

Little Bean Well-known Member

Well guys I won't be seeing you down there... pony pulled a shoe yesterday and has twisted legs in the process and has a nice fat fetlock and hock... yes pulled a hind shoe :confused:

I must admit that I was relieved when I discovered that we couldn't go I'm not a fan of riding in the rain at the best of times never mind THIS!

So if it does go ahead I wish you all the best of luck PLEASE ride safely and for heavens sakes DRIVE safely!

The wind up here in Gidge is howling... all the ponies are tucked up in their stables starting to wonder if she just wanted to get out of the weather ;)

Keep us posted with soggy updates :D

15. samm

samm Gold Member

You guys competing are either very mad or very brave !*#)
    Good luck:)*
    I'll be thinking of you when I'm snuggled up in my nice warm bed.Glad its you not me !!**)

16. Belinda

I was thinking that too Samm, but unlike you I wasn't going to rub it in!! lol

Springbok, are you concerned that the wet slippery parts might be a recipe for injury? I should imagine that everyone will slow down and ride accordingly, but does it still concern you? Just curious, knowing nothing about this eventing business at all, but always interested!!

17. celestialdancer

belinda... it worries me.

especially cause rahn isnt wearing shoes so he cannt wear any studs. i am only doing d grade but still. i am going to walk if necessary or retire cause there is NO WAY i am going to put rahn or my.any one elses lives at risk.

hopefully it will be okay. we shall see when we walk the course i suppose.

:( stupid weather. although ATM it is sunny here.... got a msg from out-os bunbury and is nice and calm and sun is breaking through. so lets hope the course drains and it dries up a little. :D

ps. samm your evil!

18. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Best of luck to you all! Hope you don't all get too wet! Have a great weekend:) Please please please drive safe and RIDE safe, especially in that XC course - take it easy**)

19. samm

samm Gold Member

No not evil ,just honest !!!lol

20. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Wet slippery parts can be ridden accordingly on the flat - you HAVE to ride sensibly in those conditions and if your horse won't come back to you for those parts then perhaps you shouldn't be gonig out on course.

The other main concern is the take off and landing of fences - I'm on a green horse who is condiserably less balanced than many and not used to various conditions/changes in ground type before a fence. I was made pretty aware of this earlier in the week when I had a jumping lesson and realised he was quite a bit more tentitive in the wet ground than my big horse who has done a lot of courses in it. This was mainly because it wasn't so stable underneath his feet on take off (this is a bold horse) so he didn't jump so boldly and frightened himself a bit ... I've seen and ridden horses who HAVE gone XC in the wet (not with me) - mostly deep, deep mud (think narrogin a couple of years ago) and it took a looong time for them to get their confidence back and never at that course. Even if they jump clear that day, come another day they will remember the odd slip or loss of balance before a fence and think twice about throwing themselves over it!

JMO - I know people who will say "just get on with it - we're all in the same boat" but to me my horses (and my) confidence comes first - not being all macho and riding it rough.

I'll walk the course and see.