Hackamore bit combination...OMG

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by Sharaway, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

[​IMG]

I near fainted when I saw this, I thought surely this is NOT for real, people actually use this on a horse?

Here I was thinking we where past thinking up new ways to torture horses.

Bloody hell, how bad does your horses mouth have to be to make you think using one of these is a good idea?

Or worse, how bad are your hands and riding?

I pity any horse that has this put on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FARRRRKKK MEEEEE...............BIKE CHAIN>>>>#(

[​IMG]

I am not going to post the link to where I found these, just in case some stupid person thinks their a good idea.

If you look at these and think for even 1 second that you horse needs this bit then stop right there.

Send your horse to a professional trainer for re-mouthing and you right along with the horse for re-educating.

2. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

OMG... are they for real???????

3. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Here's one right up.

Rope nose for tuck and lift. Reshaped and longer shank for leverage and control. If you are running competition and your horse charges hard, this bit is designed especially for you.

SO if it wont stop hurt it more.

Ohh this is just nice..

Good all around combination Hackamore. Rope nose has a soft feel and conforms to the horse's nose. Mouthpiece has more "bite" than a two-piece by increasing the angle of contact to the bars, touching new nerves and by added leverage from being broken twice.

MORE BITE........more bite.... a great white shark would have less bite

Good god if I used that on Chantelle not only would she stop in record time, she would then buck me of, turn around and stop me until I was dead.

And I would deserve it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  4. sil

sil Gold Member

Never seen bike chain used like that before! Only ever seen it generously wrapped in latex.

5. ASH lover

ASH lover Well-known Member

Aaaawww Sharaway...and there was me looking for where I could get the bike chain one! :D

6. Zegger

Zegger Well-known Member

I would like to see the d****wads that created those to bits try putting them in their mouth :mad:

7. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

The bike chain one reads

Extremely well designed bit. Notice how well the nose floats as you pull the shank to keep the nose riding in the proper position but will not drop down to cut off the horses wind. Shanks are designed to swivel for excellent flex. Chain conforms to the nose for good rate. Vet wrap can be added to control severity.

Don't you just love this part

Vet wrap can be added to control severity.

Will take a bit more than vet wrap...... oh I forgot, vet wrap does come in fashion colours, because the red vet wrap will make the horse go faster.

8. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

As I am on my iPhone and away at presentvit is not easy fir me to post or add photos, however, until it was stolen we did use a nathe combination on Fergus and quite frankly it was an awesome bit.
    Fergus loved it and travelled very well in it. I was pissed off when it was stolen ascthe bridle nit combination cost us about $1000. That said Fergus went so well in it I am considering getting one again.
    While it might look harsh it actually us quite soft unless you need to be harsh. It works as a hackamore unless you need the reinforcement of the bit.
    Skito had a clinic with Chris Chugg and he made her ride in a Pelham.... Fergus hated it. The next day we were loaned a nathe to try and he loved it. It's not something I would have bought upon looking at it but it is very good.
    Not something to knock unless you have tried it
    I am sure you have heard the saying a bit us only as harsh as the hands holding it.
    Sorry for the typos it's hard on the phone

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  9. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Very sad indeed

10. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

[​IMG]

Hodges Futurity 3/8" 3-Piece Twisted Wire Dog Bone Snaffle 6" CHEEKS 5" MOUTH. Designed with more lift for horses that are getting down in their shoulders. Retains good control. Will also give your horse all the flex he needs to turn. The dog-bone mouth adds "bite" to this bit to better control horses that need a little more rate. LIFETIME GUARANTEE

Lifetime guarantee, not on the poor horses mouth

More bite, more rate.

I'm having heart palpitations looking at this gear.

11. ASH lover

ASH lover Well-known Member

Perhaps the vet wrap is to tie the riders hands behind their back...thats the only way to control the severity of that thing!

12. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

and people sign petitions to stop the slaughter of horses....cause they are so much better off being alive....*sigh*...

13. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

KC, if you dont put it in the horses mouth it cant be abused full stop.

Like I said, how far gone does a horse have to be for these to be warrented?

14. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Hands NG a :)), thank you, couldnt have said it better.

15. WildandFree

WildandFree Well-known Member

wow *shudders* i be dead if i put anything in my horses mouth like that it sad n shocks that people dare think its ok

and i agree nanny fully agree

what a strange world we live in

WnF

16. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

A horse doesn't have to be far gone at all Sharaway. I cannot get pics of the Nathe because I am sitting in a resturaunt in Albany but it is a very good bit.

With our 17.2hh WB who is a hunter a wants to gallop to a jump, it can be soft or it can pull him up if he gets to eager. It ends up being a soft bit. Sometimes hard can lead to soft, it worked very well

17. samm

samm Gold Member

ANY bit is harsh in the wrong hands!

18. WildandFree

WildandFree Well-known Member

fully agree there

19. Funny_Farm

Funny_Farm Active Member

Sorry to get off the subject here guys(sorry those bit/hackamores will give me nightmares for life now), but Samm, i been trying to rememeber were ive seen your slogan before...."Dont dream it....Be it", lol. Then i remembered, hehe, The Rocky Horror Picture Show*#), LMFAO.......
    Cheers Chell

20. Faxie

Faxie Well-known Member

some people just need a bit of knowledge