Gripe about australia post and their tracking service.

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Deb2, May 4, 2012.

1. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

I have learnt something new this week.

I sent a parcel on tuesday morning, and paid for the tracking number/ registered etc.

I then kept going onto the site to enter the number to see where the parcel was in its journey, but kept getting no service recorded, so I phoned australia post to query this and did you know that the tracking service does not actually track the parcel, it will just get scanned when it arrives at its destination and then the recipient has to sign for it!

I was told by an AP worker that each and every time the parcel changed hands, it would be scanned, and then I could follow its progress as it crossed the country. This is not so.';'

I have explained this to the complaints department, and suggested that they inform their post office staff so that mis-information is not given to customers, and the girl was very nice a apologetic on the phone, but she said that there is no such service that offers point to point scanning.

Whats the point in paying for tracking if it does not track the parcel on its journey?;)

Just thought I would share so that others do not waste their money for a service that is not what it is represented to be.

2. smash

smash Well-known Member

ha ha ha Deb, your parcel will not arrive until next tuesday lol
    Australia post from perth to vic will take AT LEAST 7 days !!!!
    I have never received or sent parcels that have arrived under a 7 day process between vic and perth.
    the tracking number is the only way YOU can prove you sent it lol lol but it wont tell you anything until it arrives at its destination.
    Now dont stress, wifely duties have been performed so there's a smile regardless ha ha ha

3. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Far out the amount of things I have had with an AustPost tracking number that have arrived here when the tracking details said it hadn't even left the sender is unbelievable :rolleyes: Yep, it ain't a crash hot system.

United States Postal Service has a fairly good tracking system, bought a few things from the US that have included a tracking number and they've always updated each step of the way.

FedEx has been the best for tracking updates. OH imported a rifle from the US and it got sent with FedEx and far out, the updates were unbelievable. Mind you FedEx aren't playing too nice now in regards to us paying GST on that rifle. Far out, never had a Government Department kick up such a stink about someone WANTING to pay a tax but that's another story :}

4. South Boulder Boy

South Boulder Boy Well-known Member

That's weird I thought it did because I once bought a phone from hong kong once, it was a model not sold in Australia, and I watched it go from hong king to Sydney, to somewhere outside of Sydney to Perth to my post office. I remember it quite well because I found it fun to watch its travels as wondered why it wasn't just sent to Perth in the first place haha. I don't remember what postal service it was but thought it was aus post. I remember the website layout was red and white, I must be wrong though.

5. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Meanwhile...I just received Alice's new harness from South Australia. Thanks Australia Post :D

6. BitBankAustralia

BitBankAustralia Well-known Member

What tracking system?*#)

My local post office is very good (when I actually need to use them, and not my courier), and she said that the PO workers are supposed to scan them on drop off by you, but most never do. hence, no info on the item until delivered (and even then they often don't get scanned....).

Australia post if the most inefficient, over priced and unreliable post service in the world as far as I can tell...

7. Diesel91

Diesel91 Well-known Member

Ive used the tracking and it certainly did allow me to watch were it was leaving and arriving etc strange that it didnt for you ?

8. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

I sent some documents with Aus Post International courier service and its telling me that the item is not trackable as well. Not very happy seeing that I gave our client the tracking number because they are urgent documents. #(

9. capnjack

capnjack Well-known Member

I was sent an email this morning from a lady in canberra who I bought some clothes off about a month ago (I knew there would be a delay in items being sent), my items are being sent via platinum express post and I have a tracking number. It will be interesting over the next week (or three!) to see what happens!

10. pso

pso Gold Member

LOL- scanning item only happens if the scanner works on a given day, and the workers can be bothered... I have just received a second reminder email for an item to be collected- which was collected 10 days ago... <shrug>
    click and send does seem to get scanned more frequently than regular registered post in my experience- but still rather dodgy!

11. Trojane

Trojane Well-known Member

Agree absolutely Deb. In the past couple of weeks I have used both DHL and Aust Post Express tracked bag.

DHL - tracked all the way, detailing every handling event with exact time and location (13 trackings logged in).

Aust Post Express "Overnight" "Tracked" bag - was as if the package ceased to exist. One tracking event when it was virtually at its destination.
    The package was stuffed in my letterbox 2 hours after the tracking info appeared online.
    And silly me stayed home for days expecting to need to sign.

12. Faxie

Faxie Well-known Member

I got a 'tracked' parcel yesterday too.. Didn't sign for it, although i could see on the box the courier did on my behalf and left it laying in the grass near my letterbox lol!! Too bad if someone else picked it up!...

13. nag

nag Well-known Member

wow faxie who was the courier or australia post, as i work for a courier company and we told if no-one home to bring parcel bk and leave a note in letterbox that we've been

14. Cowgirl Kid

Cowgirl Kid Well-known Member

AUSTRALIA POST SUCKS!!!!!!

I ordered a parcel on ebay...was sent via registered mail. Australia post LOST IT!

It had a tracking number and all... it supposedly was sent to Herne Hill who wouldn't accept it because they were too full so it was supposedly sent then to the Midland Parcel Collection place who couldn't find it.

I wrote two formal complaints and nothing was done about it...fallen on deaf ears.

Parcel never turned up anywhere but the lovely people I bought the item off sent me another one anyway...

Too bad if it were something worth $1000's of dollars. I didn't even know at the time who the parcel was from as I had just become engaged... it could have been a surprise present and the tracking number on my receipt was written is such dodgy writing, no one could translate it...

So all in all, I am so disappointed with Australia Post - I wish there was another big company to compete with them - maybe then Id have received my parcel!

15. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Australia Post has become apalling :(

The express envelope I sent took a month to arrive. And even though they were meant to investigate to find out what had happened they didn't unless we rang up to find out what progress there was. Last we heard the contractor had it and they were going to chase up - still took another 2-3 weeks for it to be delivered.

I have also not received a parcel sent from an ES business and when I chased up with them it was apparently waiting for pick up - at a Post Office it should not have been anywhere near! And one who didn't bother letting me know they had it :( Now waiting to see what will happen as apparently it has been sent back to the business... hopefully they will just refund my money :(

16. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Australia Post has become apalling :(

The express envelope I sent took a month to arrive. And even though they were meant to investigate to find out what had happened they didn't unless we rang up to find out what progress there was. Last we heard the contractor had it and they were going to chase up - still took another 2-3 weeks for it to be delivered.

I have also not received a parcel sent from an ES business and when I chased up with them it was apparently waiting for pick up - at a Post Office it should not have been anywhere near! And one who didn't bother letting me know they had it :( Now waiting to see what will happen as apparently it has been sent back to the business... hopefully they will just refund my money :(

17. NiccyLovesK

NiccyLovesK Well-known Member

Express post platinum Deb! $18 for 3kg but it's the one and only time it's actually been tracked the next day took 3 days (express!!!) to get from perth to qld

Mostly the tracking number is just served as proof of postage, helps me coz i sell a lot of stuff lately so proves I posted it.

Everybody has way too high standards for Aus Post, they're crap!

18. Unreliable service some say.?';'
    What about bills?*#)';' I get mine without a fail*#)

19. smash

smash Well-known Member

Sorry to inform you CQHS but bills have a homing device in them, so it would not matter what type of service was used, they would ALWAYS FIND YOU :D

20. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

and the world makes sense once again.

Spend your hard earned dollars on a treat and no we won't find you but flick on a light switch and we'll hound your butt with hate mail for that privilege! And society wonders why people think negatively these days ';'