Greenacres??

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by TobanMokey736, Nov 15, 2009.

1. TobanMokey736

TobanMokey736 Well-known Member

Hia, yeah, as the title sugests I was just wondering if anyone remembers the place Greenacre/Green Acres?? That used to be down near baldivis area (or surrounds) is it still there or is it closed down or? I had my first riding lessons there (many years ago.... *#) ) and was looking through some old photos the other day and it reminded me of the good times lol. Anyone know what happened if it's still a horse place or a riding school? Anyone still go there?

I used to ride Trigger and Pandy, and Peppi, and Cheyanne (sp?) and Wendy.

**):)):D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  2. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

Ex Greenacre girl here lol

Nah it closed down ages ago. Sad it was a fun place. I used to ride Laddie and Chester.

3. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

It's now an agistment centre :)

4. TobanMokey736

awesome teddie1980! I remember Laddie, but not chester. Didn't there used to be

a horse called star trek or star wars or something similar...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  5. TobanMokey736

Ooooh cool! anyone have their horses there??

lol seeing those old photos I dug out really made me reminisce!! (i'm such a baby for things like that...) :eek:

6. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

yep there was Star Trek (Trekky). Are you remembering the Grey or the Black Laddie? (there was two the grey died back in 92 i think and the black Laddie came in 93 ish

7. TobanMokey736

heheh I should've been more specific.. the black laddie. I was there in 95/96 **) ta for that!

8. Anna_Smiler

Anna_Smiler Well-known Member

yeh i went a few times and rode a horse called clancy i think??? and one called copper. but it was agessss ago!

9. nag

nag Well-known Member

lol i use to work there and teach, not sure if it ajistment still running i know few people have left

10. alex

alex Well-known Member

I used to ride there and also kept my first horse there.
    I used to ride Pepe, Wendy, Jayne, Tonka and Trekky before I bought my own horse Cabby.

11. Paddys girl

Paddys girl Well-known Member

nope no longer agistment either, being demolished very soon for new housing :( Looking very sad atm

12. F.adila

F.adila Well-known Member

oh how sad that its being demolished! I live around the corner from it, its based in wellard. i learnt to ride there in '94 as a four year old, only place that would let me at that age! i rode Merrick, the lil grey gelding, have some old piccies somewhere :)

13. nag

nag Well-known Member

lol merrick naughty pony that dragged kids in stable looking for food, but otherwise was good boy

14. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

I remember competing at their showjumping days many years ago :))

15. TobanMokey736

:eek:!!!!!!! oh dear??! :( that's WELL sad. #( bahahah little merrick.. well known pony he was. Lol One day Pandy set off in a buisness like trot..and being about 6/7 I got a fright and was scared of Pandy... so they put me on Freckles who was prob really old and he wasn't going to venture off unannounced!! Oh and there used to be a donkey there just for christmas, well from what I can remember. There was an instructor called Pip (?) and on my last day she gave me a whole bag of lollies!

Good times, lol good times. I think I'll have to NOT stop to look at photos next time I do the cleaning/sorting...
    *#):p:eek:

16. KKKiroo

KKKiroo Well-known Member

Oh no really! Thats awful!

I know it was very run down in the end but still you dont want to see it demolished :(

17. alex

alex Well-known Member

I think that was Vic's plan when he sold it. They were going to build an 'eco village'.
    He passed not long ago didn't he?

Does anybody know what Pip/Annalise/Chiko are doing now?
    I know Chris writes the greenhorse column in Hoofbeats, and Annalise was training pacers for a while, but haven't heard anything lately.

18. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

I'm an old GA student too :) I rode Valley then Lucky for years then got my own boy Wink :) Lucky ended up retiring with me at my parents farm. He was my youngsters babysitter for a few years. I Just happened to ring up GA a week before it was closing to find out Lucky had no home to go to so i got him :) (most of ht eothers went to varying riding schools and homes).

I ended up having him put down 2006. He wasn't happy being a retired pony and wasn't coping very well with the heat and flies :(

Pip i see every so often she runs a centre down near Larkhill.

19. KKKiroo

KKKiroo Well-known Member

Nice to hear Lucky had a good home in his final years. My friend Megs used to ride him too.

Where is the place Pip runs?

20. nag

nag Well-known Member

when i worked there i also had my horse there susie her show name was power of flight we used to compete there in showjumping too