Great Topic Idea !

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Goldpally, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Goldpally

Goldpally Active Member

Murray , this is great thinking for a topic outline , it seems we all post something or another regarding safety issues in the normal sections and now it has its own !
    [​IMG]

2. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

Thanks Goldpally!!

<font face="Brush Script MT"><span style="font-size:18pt;">Murray</span></font>

3. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

I agree, This is a great idea Murray, it's something Im always talking about. Then again the whole stockyard site is also a great idea, always talking about that too....=)

"It is often said that if a dog is a man's best friend, then a horse is a man's best slave."

4. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

Hi Naomi,

Thank you very much for the kind words! We are always looking for new discussion forum ideas/suggestions so if you or any other member have any, please let us know.

<font face="Brush Script MT"><span style="font-size:18pt;">Murray</span></font>

5. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

hhhmm okay, here's one for ya. I'm not quite sure how you would title it but Im always wondering if we would treat our horses differently if they had more of a say in it. I'm curious to know what other people think horses think. Do they really care about being in the paddock during a shower? How do we know riding a horse doesnt cause it discomfort? When is someone too heavy for a horse? And a real convo starter, stables.....are they detrimental to a horses health?

I guess we could call it.... Straight from the horses mouth etc I'm sure most people out there, like me, would like to know a bit more about how our horses really feel about the effect we have on their lives.

Whatcha think?

"It is often said that if a dog is a man's best friend, then a horse is a man's best slave."

6. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I can tell that when a horse is eating grass in the nice warm sun that their listening to elivator music!...

~§Arnie§~

7. sherreem

sherreem Well-known Member

great idea this topic.

ok. i believe horses/ponies suffer from jelousey.

our pony is the most loving thing in the world when he is the centre of attention, but when my daughter rides the other fella and pony is left in the paddock for long periods of time then you bring him in he will try to nip and fidget and generally be grumpy, he also becomes pushy in the paddock and tries to stop you from catching the big guy and taking him out the paddock.

if we spell the big guy and concentrate on the pony then he is all lovey again and a good boy.

sherreem

8. admin

admin Guest

An excellent idea for a new topic Naomi! [​IMG] I would suggest that you post it in the 'Horse Management' forum.

Regards...admin

9. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

Thanks Murray, will do that now.