Great Days!...

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Arnie, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I know there is a topic on this somewhere infact a few but I coudn't find them.

Anway I had the best day today! (Denny I went to that place you and Courtney told me about with the jumps) just before walking him through the creek I had to get off cuz he was being a bit stupid...(We didn't jump any jumps because he was strong) so insted I changed my plans and went for a nice ride to my friends house. I un-saddled him and after a lil run he spent the next few hours grazing. Then when we put Arnie in the back garden left him and walked off to the tack room I turn around and with his ears forward he power walks to me and follow me all the way to the tack room. Everywhere I went he went...he didn't want to leave my side. I tack him up and hop on the road and I had to get Vix to hold him while i got up. There he pranced around and was raring to go. So we left and on occations I had to lock my hands and his head down cuz he just wanted to go. We went and saw where Max died and something weird went over Arnie there. Hard to explain. Anyway I meet up with my friend on Woollcott road (she's driving) I let Arnie have his head and she said that Arnie clocked up to 50k's! Arnie was absolutly Physco today! and I loved every single moment of it! Lately I can feel this connection between us. Like even tho he's going a bit stupid and really wanting to bolt...he's respecting me and knows that when its safe I'll let him go...its as though he's giggling and laughing with me. While he's got this attitude I'm going to enter him in an ODE and see how he goes although the only thing I'm worried about is show jumping cuz he's not too keen on those saughts of jumps, the cross-country and dressage i reckon we should do alright...

~§Arnie§~

2. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

Sarah what place are you talking about with the creek and the jumps? Is it just off Samson Court? Henley Brook?

3. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Dunno the road...only been there 2 times now...you turn into woollcott from West Swan Road and its down the 2nd road on ur right...go right down the end and follow the wood chipped track...

~§Arnie§~

4. Denny

Denny Well-known Member

Yep.... thats the place Naomi.

5. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Hey Denny I took Arnie there with my friend the other day. Couldn't believe some of the jumps! Arnie was rather spooked by them all and when I asked him to jump a couple he really powered over them (good thing) tho at the moment some of them were out of my leage how spooky Arnie is he'd over jump them!...

~§Arnie§~