Got a question for Admin/Mods

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by The Ranger, Oct 23, 2008.

1. The Ranger

The Ranger Active Member

Are there any male Mods onboard? Has there ever been or should there be??

@)

2. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Well currently all 6 Mods are Female, with Admin Murray clearly very Male lol, dont know about previous to my joining but there have not been any Male Mods since I have been around.

3. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I think we should have a male Mod.

My OH just said there should be to as males arent as bitchy as women.... i beg to differ! ;)

4. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

How do we know mods are female hahaha

5. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

The Girly avitars give it away will that do for you lol, however we are not allowed to discuss WHOM the mods are :)*

6. hutchi

hutchi Well-known Member

Bahahha I used to think the mods were men.. And whenever they would type something, a male voice would read out the words in my head...

7. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

How do you know:confused: Mods are anonymous;)

8. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

OMG Hutchi I hear voices to pmsl

[​IMG]

9. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

yep all mods are female, admin on the other hand is a bloke.

10. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

So the answer is No to Mods,Admin is Male

Well No it seems :confused:

Well if a Man running the entire show isnt enough Maleness in the Mod Squad then I dont know that adding another to the mix will make any differance?

Also I know that certain Mods will see this entire thread as provocation and a breach of the Code Of Conduct

2. No discussion, or challenge, to our editing policy are allowed within the forums.

See the NO Discussion part... I know its in referance the the editing policy, but we are talking about those that do the editing.

Suggesting that a Male Mod is needed will be read as.....what arn't the female ones good enough?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2008
  11. mod 6

mod 6 Moderator

Mod vacancies come up occasionally and people are invited to apply - this includes male members.

As Mods are largely anonymous and many decisions require teamwork and group concensus whether they are male or female is virtually irrelevant.

Issues with moderation should be addressed directly to Admin.

12. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

what skills do you need to be a mod?

13. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Ohh I so would love to answer this one honestly but it would have me banned for life hahahah!

14. WP Miniatures

WP Miniatures Active Member

cold, hard, callous...And female

LOL only joking RRFLMAO

15. WP Miniatures

WP Miniatures Active Member

Was realy only joking...
    But do have a question.
    I attend most shows were miniatures are shown and take photos of all sorts.
    I am setting up a web page to show them and people can email me and I can sent them to them etc. I will be doing this as a hoby and with no fee involved.

Now the question, can I say that and put it in thethreads from the shows or put them on the threads for the results of shows?

I havein the past when people ask for them, but is it ok?:)*

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  16. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Being cold ,hard ,callous and female ;)........the answer is you cannot have watermarked photos unless you are a paid advertiser.You cannot link to photo web sites unless you are a paid advertiser.
    You can place the photos in a post unwatermarked and without credit though.

17. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Mod 3, does the part about links include if its just a link to a photo album? like photobucket or webshots, if the photo's arent watermarked?

I have seen a few people put links up of blogs and what-not that include pictures, so wouldnt it be the same sort of thing?

18. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Yes you can put a link to a photobucket album (such as an individual direct link code)as a lot can't post a photo in a post,however that does not include a link to a photographer that has a photobucket website that isn't a paid advertiser nor any copyrighted or watermarked images contained on the photobucket site or the individual direct link .
    For personal showing of photographs thats ok,just make sure they aren't copyrighted or watermarked :)
    Mods will remove links at their discretion if the privilege is abused.

19. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

So mod 3, that means what WP Minis wants to do is ok? As he isnt charging for the photo's, just wants to upload them to an album so they are easier to share & show...?

Would this change if it wasnt say photobucket, but a general (eg. freewebs) hosted website showing the photos?

20. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Sassy I think we've made it pretty clear as to whats allowed and whats not.