Gossies Summer Show Off Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by deschuur, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Premier

Premier Well-known Member

OMG OMG OMG what did you do to brown foal Madcow :(

No wonder she was doing aerobatics she wasnt weighted down by her forelock and could see where she was going

2. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I was curious about that.
    I would've thought that with the programme not specifing that a pure bred had to to of Spanish breeding, I couldn't see why it wasn't open to all.
    I was at the side of the ring when it all unfolded and it wasn't pretty.
    For several competitors to gang up and speak to another the way they did was wrong and didn't show good sportsmanship. #(
    To then proceed to tell the judge how the class was to be run....not good.
    Surely the way the classes are broken up and run is at the discretion of the shows organisers :confused:

3. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Aww, how sad. I cant believed this happened AGAIN
    Its not the first time... I was there when it happened once and the judge ruled she was eligable, but not without the other competitors making a huge fuss first :(
    Sad to think they must be that worried about losing that they have to do this :(

4. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Unfortunately the Andalusian pure/part problem is a bit of an on going one. An Australian Andalusian has a cross several generations back and therefore at the Andalusian State Championships they have Australian Andalusian classes, at many of the regular breed shows the Australian Andalusian is allowed in as a purebred but I have heard Australian Andalusians being forced into the part bred rings before.

What people have to remember to is that an Australian Andalusian is allowed to remain entire, a part bred is not. A part bred is to be gelded by the age of 2 or loses its registration and shows should not even have classes for Part Andalusian Stallions which is another reason why I think the Australian Andalusian should be allowed in the pure bred ring.

All that aside, he is a lovely colt and was very well mannered every time I saw him.

5. Webby

Webby Well-known Member

I to believe they should be in the purebred classes aswell, how is thisd not different to stock that has come through the foundation studbooks in some breeds

6. BettyBoo

BettyBoo New Member

Welldone to all that competed it looks like a great show wish i was able to be there but my horse is not ready for showing yet
    everyones horses look so beautiful KBS your little one is awesome :)*

7. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

These were my thoughts too.
    How terrible it would have been for an Aust bred horse to take a ribbon.

Understandedley the classes are broken up differently at shows run by the Andalusion Breed society, but if they're all going to turn out at a breed show run by a pony club or such, then to mind my they have to suck it up and accept that they will all be in the same class (if that's what the organisers decide) and that the judge has the discretion to choose whichever horse he or she prefers.
    To stand there and say out loud, for all to hear, that 'that horse' can never beat us, is so so wrong IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
  8. Ellie

Ellie Well-known Member

well what a nice day..
    We had a very good day, very minimal naughtyness and a big improvement :)
    Pixie got
    4th in her stb mare class
    2nd in ridden stb mare
    and 1st in handler (18-25)
    When it came time for ridden, everything just came together and she suprised me at how good she was..
    Saw quite a few stockies aswell :)
    Only got a handful of pics and only about 2 or 3 are useable..(if any photographers got my girl, could you please let me know :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. BellaSkip

BellaSkip Well-known Member

Oh well he got to compete in the end, and he was a beautiful boy! Congratulations to everyone who won and placed.

10. Janet

Janet Guest

Yes...Poor Janet. My arm will never be the same again...LOL
    Well my hussy of a mare just can’t cope with all those virile males **)
    She did look beautiful in her new Browband but she just couldn’t walk a step... and trying to keep 4 feet on the ground was impossible. So she had a pleasant day in the yards. I got to drool at some lovely horses.
    Aachi did well and was a good boy. Got burnt but what’s new.
    Lovely day out only disappointment was the judge in the unregistered ring not giving the mare classes any work out. Judge them in half a ring at walk.
    My GF had been up since 4am waited on the side of the ring sine 8.30 am to finally go in and to only walk half a circle, line up and the winner sashed.
    Is it normal to judge without seeing a horse move??:mad:
    Apart from that a well run event :)*

11. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

My horse was also in one of the mare classes in the unreg ring and I was a little disppointed with not getting the chance to do a workout too.
    I haven't done many of these shows, but that was the first time I've ever been judged on the ring like that :confused:
    Not complaining though. I took home a blue ribbon and a Champion sash. :)

12. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

inhand photos are up on the website:))

ridden sould be up either tonight or tomorrow morning

13. stormie

stormie Well-known Member

well didn't get many pic but i did grab 4 of my mare so i thought i would share them and i will say sorry to anyone that she kicked out at, all i can say is she wasn't being her usual self yesterday at all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  14. Wobbles

Wobbles Active Member

Hey Mirawee,
    That could have been my mare who kicked out at your mare. Not sure if i apologised at the time but i am sincerely sorry. Not sure what got into her.

15. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

where abouts, i go into the 2009 and there is only 1 show from January?

Thanks again for taking my photos :)

16. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

Well that was my first show ever but I think I should have picked a smaller one. The amazing horses out there were plentiful. No placing for Envy and she was considered for 4th place in the standy mare class but I`m pretty sure the lumpy scar on her hind leg cost us that:(
    The fresian colt in JUST the halter was a bit scary.:eek:
    A BIG thank you to Coco for coming and helping me as I wouldn`t have competed otherwise. I couldn`t have done it without you.@)

17. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

Same, i couldnt see them? But cant wait too :D:D Thanks Lea :)

18. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

She came extremely close in a big lineup. You should be proud of how you turned her out and your handling, at least your first one is out of the way :) Once you learn how to stand her up and show her off, you will have a much better chance. In a big lineup like you were in and the judge is debating her decsion, standing her up and working to show her off will often pull a judge your way when it is a close decsion. :) Bring on the State Champs :)

19. painter

painter Well-known Member

Nah, the smaller ones will be so much easier now! Was that you in the purple shirt and black hat?

I got photos of pretty much all the standy's anyway, will have them up shortly.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  20. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

No wonder you had problems with your blades KBS, think you needed shearers handpiece instead:)
    Congratulations on her win, I could have quite easily taken her home with me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.