Gossies Summer Show Off Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by deschuur, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I didn't see a lot of what went on yesterday, but I did see one handler having a few issues with her stallion (outside of the ring).
    But then other competitors were making her job harder.
    The stallion owner was waiting by the ring to enter her class and another competitor insisted on standing her very in season mare next to him.
    The mare owner would walk away now and then to do whatever, but everytime she came back to the ring, she'd walk right over and park next to the stallion.
    I can't understand the logic in that. :confused:
    Maybe she wanted a free service :D

2. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

I left my filly home yesterday because she has shown that, in season, she wants the boys badly!! While I am certainly not saying that every person with a mare in season should stay home, mare owners do need to watch what they are doing and who they are standing next to just as much as stallion owners. I couldn't be bothered with it so I simply didn't take her. :) Everyone needs to be aware at horse shows not just the stallion owners :)

3. madcow

madcow Guest

awwe ta Ren.....look how quiet she is;)

Lucky she's not a stallion as she'd be the hot topic of conversation right now LOL:p

4. nag

nag Well-known Member

as i was there yesterday but not competeing with my mare i made sure my girl was not near stallions and if stallions/colts came near i always moved away, i have worked on a stud when i was younger so i understand both sex's of horses since then with behaviour

5. Mod 5

Mod 5 Moderator

OK OK OK
    BACK to RESULTS
    Any more comments will be removed
    It seems there were alot of concerns - please take them up with organisers
    There also seems to be some misunderstandings or interpretations to what people read in different posts....
    Thanks

6. minimotivated

minimotivated New Member

Congrats to every one, i stopped in to have a sticky beak and all the horses both big and small
    were turned out beautifully. can't wait till my little man is in the ring, just waiting to wean him.:D

7. nag

nag Well-known Member

had a quick look on your site imperial some lovely photo's saw 1 pic with my girl in the back ground lol

8. Serenity

Serenity Well-known Member

Butter wouldn't melt......:p

9. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Hmmm, no it wouldn't melt...................it would fry your chips in 2 seconds flat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. madcow

madcow Guest

ROFLMO.....OK a little bit more work may be required:eek:

11. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Congratulations to the committee**) In light of all the whinging I would just like to say congrats to committee, volunteers and judges...if it wasn't for them there would have been no show:)* I was not privvy to "all" these concerns...and suggest they be addressed to the committee. Horses are animals and their handlers (good and bad alike) are humans. We (us and our horses) are not robots and there will be occasion that we are on less than our best behaviour. I would like to think (hope) that nobody sets out to intentially harm another competitor (physically or emotionally). I am sure the committee would appreciate any constructive criticism:)*

12. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Link isn't showing for me neither?

13. Wobbles

Wobbles Active Member

Pics arent working for me either:(. Where on the site are they located?

Who was named supreme of supreme?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  14. Twiggles

Twiggles Guest

Applewood Scarlet was SOS

15. Serenity

Serenity Well-known Member

That is hilarious....sorry MC but I am sure you can see the funny side :p

I think you did a great job Gaia **), and I was thinking how glad that it wasnt me leading her!!!

16. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Pfft, a daughter of Ruby couldn't be anything but an angel *#) OK, maybe that is just in my dreams :)* Maybe success got to her head?

17. megz86

megz86 Well-known Member

does anyone know what the shetland turnout was like?

18. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Gaia I thought you did a fantastic job as well. I only saw you in the SOS workout, and it wasn't easy, but she is young and they often have bad days, she'll be better next time.

Congratulations to Kelly on winning SOS with Scarlet.

Twiggles I think RSS looked better than a million dollars yesterday, absolutley beautiful piece of horse flesh, the most amazing coat, I had actually picked him to win the SOS.

Beth I think at the end of the day there are no hard and fast rules in regards to the unruly behaviour by any horses at a show so it would be purley up to the descression of the committee runing the event.

Glad most seemed to have a good day.

19. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

HAHAHAHAHA me and chloe were both stuffed and over it by then..... lol... get any more pics of her?

oh i will be watching you now.....;) dont forget the hat too.... :D:D

20. Ren

Ren Well-known Member

Madcow, see not all day she had her feet off the ground and now can you see that glossy coat . . . . . . . . very nooooooice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.