Gosnells Summer Showoffs

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Bubbles, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

Where are you located? I am probably heading with just one from Byford.

2. crave

crave Well-known Member

"If you're showing him in an English bridle, I'd expect him to be plaited, but then again....I'd have gone the western attire/halter/ banding. I remember Elanda turning her little palouse pony out in English/plaited. He looked beautiful, really suited!!"

I havent got any western "gear" and am not going to the expense of getting any for a maybe once off show. I do have a lovely leather halter with brass fittings , but would that be ok to show in English attire ??? Appy's arent supposed to be plaited at breed shows according to their website but then Im not showing western either ...oh what to do LOL

3. PetaBizz

PetaBizz Well-known Member

Just have fun Crave.. **) Your boy will do fine!

4. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Question... Bess has stripey white feet. Should i sandpaper and then clear them? I usually just black them for events.

5. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Show her to the standards of excellence for her breed. I would paint them.

6. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

From byford come up Tonkin Hwy
    turn left into Ranford Road
    turn right in Southern River Road (big round about now)
    then after the sports grounds turn left into Gay st
    the gate for the grounds is on the left is not very far about half a k
    it has the pc sign up and big signs on the gate - please keep closed

If you have a navigator it is Gay St Huntingdale

Cheers :}

7. crave

crave Well-known Member

Thanks Petabizz I want to have fun but now I feel a bit out of my depth. I was wanting to just wear my jods, hacking jacket leather gaiters etc....is that acceptable or not? Im very confused now :( especially seeing the lovely photos in the other thread about inhand showing. Not that I am there to win anything just want to have a go at something else for a change and do my boy justice. Dont even know if he'll stand still heeeheee. So I was thinking, showing inhand in a bridle, with me in hacking gear and him plaited (because we are looking "English") thoughts pleeeeeeeeese :)....or is it all too hard and I dont go ???

8. crave

crave Well-known Member

Oh and wont be doing handler class either, but will do ridden :)

9. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Crave- don't get overwhelmed... it does seem stressful before hand but when you actually get there you realise there are people in the same boat as you.. I don't do in hand often, I mainly use it to take green horses out for their first show since racing and also babies.. So I am no expert.

I think you riding attire would look lovely, if you are riding I would plait him up as it always looks nice, wear you riding gear as then you already have it there for the ridden. Not many people wear riding gear in hand but there are some that still do and I think it looks great**)

If you are worried about it just wear a nice pair of black slacks, your riding boots shined up, a nice top and a hat or fascinator if you have one. Put him in his riding bridle still and plait him up.. you will look great:)

10. Cav

Cav Gold Member

......and dont forget your sunscreen!!! :)*

11. Bubbles

Bubbles Well-known Member

That will be perfectly fine, go and have fun, just dont forget to breath :p

12. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

I was asking farfromhome where she is located. Very familiar with gosnells :)

13. KYRAT

KYRAT New Member

Nanna - Is the measuring SHC and EWA? And from what time till what time?

Thanks in advance.

14. Bubbles

Yes the measuring is SHC and EWA, will run from around 7am to 10/10.30ish

15. PF

PF Active Member

How much does measuring cost these days? (Just want to make sure I bring enough - don't like to carry too much cash around with me).

16. Bubbles

It is $10 per card, so for both SHC and EWA its $20

17. PF

PF Active Member

Thank you! **)

18. KYRAT

KYRAT New Member

Thanks Bubbles

19. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

So if I want to get my little man measured just out of curiosity which of course I don't mind paying for it, how do I go about it? Never done it before.

20. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

thanks LLE :)

i think ive decided not to go :(