Gosnells Results??

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Hayley, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Will the sandelli crew be going to Pinjarra next week? :)

2. Marz

Marz Well-known Member

I believe there was talk of taking Charlie and Roxy, but I'm not sure... (Nag Trish) ;)

Will you be?

3. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

I'm going to watch (and take someone as a baby sitter.. maybe Lucky? not showing though as I'm broke).. Believe RBK is taking her beautifulllllll morgans :)

4. Salinero

Salinero Well-known Member

Congrats everyone on great results. Saw some stunning horses today and saw some Stockies too.

I'll just sum it up as a chaotic and stressful day for us. This time I cracked under the pressure and did not enjoy my day because of all that went wrong. Dramas getting there, nearly did not make it. Horse floated good though, just float itself causing dramas. Finally getting there I was a stressed nervous wreck. Hormones flying high in both me and horse. Did not have time to finish prep and all felt semi done. Entered the wrong age class in handler, total embarrassment. Brand new cane broke as I was running. Horse was in a world of her own, could not have cared less about me. I felt so out of place. Did not do all that great in the ring, got a 3rd in handler and 4th in mare class (small classes).

During the lunch break we finally got a moment to chill out. I decided not to do the ridden class, but tack up later and just go for a stroll around the grounds so Cass could get used to the atmosphere. No pressure just relax and look around. She fried her brain and was a PITA. Could not walk calmly, not trot calmly or stand still in a quiet corner on a loose rein. :(

5. Wobbles

Wobbles Active Member

Many quarter horses there today?

6. stormie

stormie Well-known Member

Not a problem Piwi

7. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Barely any.. 2 young geldings/colts.. one owned by Leon, the other abesmum. 1 mature mare, no mature geldings or stallions. And I *think* 2 young fillies.. possibly.. wasn't paying attention during their classes.

8. Wobbles

Wobbles Active Member

Thats a shame :( any pics by any chance?

9. Chelsea

Chelsea Active Member

here is a pic of one
    [​IMG]

10. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

Do all these shows have an unregistered ring? And do all the unregistered pile into that ring at the same time? Shilo would have to go unregistered, but I am curious as to what type of horse she would be competing against, and how best to prep her. Plates, no plates, trim, no trim etc.

Here is a pic of her in the natural state....
    [​IMG]

Thanks, Deb

11. nklpark

nklpark Well-known Member

Deb2 i would take her unplaited, you could be up against every breed from mini to clydie X

12. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

Hey Deb if I take Shanti to breed shows I have to show her as unreg as well since I don't have her papers. The one breed show I took her too I presented her in a Western halter for best presented and a work bridle for show hunter. Unfortunately I didn't have time to plait her up or band her but either would have looked funny since I presented her as Western in one class and English in another. Lol.

You could do something similar with Shilo since she has Western breeds in her but she also is a hunter type.

13. taeliesyn

taeliesyn Well-known Member

Actually there was 5 in the QH Filly 3 & Under, so that makes a total of 8, which isn't too bad

14. We took just 2 ponies yesterday, it was the first show for both of them.

One of the ponies was Second Chance's Wish whom I have been rehabilitating (a Stocky before me did a lot of work with her and she has now been with me for 6 months or so for further emotional rehab and training. She origionally was rescued a year ago with elf-shoe hooves on all four and absolutely terrified of all human beings, insanely headshy and VERY nervous)

I decided that it would be a great first show for her, it would be much lower stress than being ridden at a show for the first time and also it was held by Gosnells Pony Club and having been there a few times she was familiar with the grounds.

She was exhibited by one of my students who did a marvelous job (her first show too!) and Wish was a star. She was very relaxed and comfortable and behaved impeccably. She was such a good girl!!

She really WASN'T too keen on being bathed the afternoon before, she still has a lot of fear we are working through and it seems that hoses are one of the things she really dreads.

She placed 3rd in Best Presented and placed 3rd in Mare 4yrs and Over in the Unregistered ring.

Here's some photos we took back at the float!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took Sunflash, my newest pony. He's only 4 and was an absolute MONSTER to prep the day before. He was an angel to wash and scrub, very well behaved being trimmed and having the clippers used around his face (except his ears, wouldn't have them near them!) and legs. BUT when it came to plaiting he was just awful. Yanking his head all over the place, usually just as I was finishing a plait then it would all unravel again! :mad: trying to bite me, and generally being a pain in the behind. Little turd!

At the show he was a bit of a stresshead, kept trying to barge into me, tried to jump on me when we trotted out and there was no way in hell he was going to stand still. He needs a LOT more work and outings to settle him down. Such a shame because he actually has really lovely big expressive movement but he was so busy being a twit and trying to climb into my lap we didn't get to show it off! :eek:

Once we got back to the quiet area we had the float at he settled right down and behaved beautifully again LOL

We didn't place in Best Presented but got 4th in Unreg Gelding 4yo +

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. spok

spok New Member

Hey, does anyone know who the photographer was taking photo's of the Arabian Derivative's over 14.2h. Thanks :))

16. Wizard

Wizard Active Member

I took my 3 yr old Tb gelding for his first show ever and my gosh!! what a stressful day it was for me! LOL, i only had my self and my mum (not horsey) but she did well, holding him when i had to get dressed and calming me :) we did best presented, got no where but he walked nicely, and he was quite unsettled as soon as i wanted to run him out (practising).. he was getting feisty at some points but sometimes would just stand happily and grazy.. we did gelding 3 yrs and under (only ones :p) and got 1st which i was happy about coz he spazzed out after a horse in another ring spazzed out but judge asked us to keep going and he was fairly better. :) but all in all i was happy with his performance and by this stange i had had enough and was too stressed to do champion (prob should have anyways) but he looked pretty and was a good boy! I agree, the TB judge was lovely! :) and thanks to the ladies who

17. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

lol I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't have a good day.
    Missed 2 classes !! ... we couldn't hear any announcements- {so didn't even know the show had started :eek: } and one horse was lame- bugga it.

I was very pleased though with the Stallion I handled for a friend- what a GEM for his first show !**) **)

but gees I got burnt standing out in the sun gas-bagging to Chris Ros lol

Congrats to everyone

Cheers
    Lee

18. Bubbles

Bubbles Well-known Member

I took CP Glamour for her very first outing and Shangrala Hot Shot as babysitter lol

Results
    CP Glamour
    1st Handler class
    4th Best Presented
    1st Mare 4 to 6yrs
    Champion Mare
    SUPREME THOROUGHBRED

Shangrala Hot Shot
    2nd Gelding 4yo and over in little Arab Derv and Part Welsh

Very very happy with the kids :)

19. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

Bubbles @) I really like your TB girl- very nice **)**)

Cheers
    Lee

20. chante306

chante306 Well-known Member

Who else was in the morgan classes or was it just your 5?

I was going to go until I saw the sponsers :)