Gosnells Masters - Results 2010

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Tallarook, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

Judges word is final.....everyone has different ideas of hunter type!!!

God for bid a judge told me my horse wasnt a hunter type....I almost fell out of the saddle!!!! but had to laugh!

2. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

I went down to watch my large hack for his first official show, we didn't place but was happy with his behaviour and work.

Well run show and the weather held out, was nice to see such beautiful galloways and hacks.

Took only a few pictures

Richard Rice and Wally (Sylvannia Statesman) excuse spelling. Congrats on Reserve Rider over 21 years. Thanks to Richard for lending me a number holder last minute :)

[​IMG]

My hack and rider Liesl Wilding

[​IMG]

Thanks to Bec1404 for makeup groom and support of my mum.

3. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

good luck with protesting against a judges opinion on the day**) Their are "guidelines" for hunter classes...AHHA have no official capacity at events run by anyone other than themselves. Their are also no rules to say you cant put your "hack" in hunter classes (and then not compete in hack in this shows case) once again up to the judge to make their choice from what is in front of them:)

I think I had a pretty good view for most of the weekend;) and I saw lots of lovely hunters judged as hunters and really it is the horse being judged not the quartermarkers or make up...see different opinion**)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  4. Cav

Cav Gold Member

I thought Sylvania Statesman was a bay not chestnut as pictured?:confused:

5. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Hunter - im very interested to know what hunter winners you are refering to and on what day?

There was no horses coming from the "SHow Horse" classes and competing in the "Show Hunter" classes. The horses competing were either one or the other and only competed as one or the other that is how all the big shows work.

FYI - the Gosnells Masters is a SHC GN qualifier and runs on the guidelines of the SHC. The Guidelines of the correct attire is followed well here in WA, I didnt see any bling BB, You will always see a couple with a cream numnah - their choice. A cream numnah on a good horse will always win over a brown or black numnah on an average horse.

The photos on the previous page of the Large Galloway winner is beautifully turned out, lovely gear and a well deserved winner. Im a bit stumped on what you are refering too????

6. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Considering that competitors on the day were only able to compete in either the Show Hunter or Open classes but certainly not both I'm not sure what you mean when you say they came straight from the open ring.

My sons hunter had minimal makeup and quarter markers on and was beautifully attired within The hunter guidelines as was my sons attire.

I'd like to know exactly what your issues are with our hunters.

7. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

Shame on you
    Yes I am one of the organizer of this show
    If this gets deleted so be it!

As stated before start a new subject but do not critize the judges when they come from the East as you did
    The hunters that have been the eventual champs and reserves are all very good types and some have been classified in the AHAA (this society is only new over here and does not need your type of help)

Hunters can and may have certain types of quarter marks and all riders where dressed correctly

Basically if you want to protest come on in and pay your dollars - the donation would be greatly received!

8. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

I watched pretty much all day and I didn't see anyone going from open to Hunter ring? I did see different riders on different horses?

Oh, welcome to the forum Hunter, why don't you make an introduction thread and tell us a bit about yourself :)

9. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Well said Nanna.

Sounds like a clear case of sour grapes to me.

10. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

Hi Cav

Thats definately him!

2008 Grand National Winner!!

11. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Haha it is too! Gosh he is light in colour compared to when Ive seen him before. Did Richard used to have a bay he rode aswell?? Ive got a picture of a big bay stuck in my mind for some reason.';' Might just be old age setting in lol *#)

12. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Sylvannia Statesman AKA Wally has always been a chestnut just sometimes darker :)

Our Show Hunter Hacks have done well in the east, as previously mentioned Sylvannia Statesman won in 2008 Yonti was runner-up and Sylvannia Statesman was runner-up 2009 Not a bad effort considering Show Hunters are relatively new to WA :)

13. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Active Member

yer he does i have seen it out and about!

14. Mod 5

Mod 5 Moderator

Hunter - welcome to the forums. It is a shame that you chose to enter in such an abrupt way. Maybe instead of tarnishing this enjoyable results thread in future you may want to start something a new topic in a nicer manner and you may get a better reaction!?
    Cheers

15. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

WELL. RIGHTO.

I was in the small galloway show HUNTER section. my horse has been classified and i am a member of the ahha. Hunter mine was the black galloway white socks and star... he is HUNTER TYPE any one who wants to think otherwise can go put in a $50 compalint. i have read and re-read the rules on the AHHA website and makeup, and 1/4 markers are allowed.....and i cant remmebr seeing anything that looked out of place...
    i know i shouldnt wear leather gloves but to be honest- if its going to come down to my gloves for the win then i think im already a winner if i get a look in. showing is ment to be fun- dont spoil such a great and wonderful weekend. the suport and fun everyone had and showed each other shows what a great community we have here in WA.

we won a class, and placed in another. i guess you are refering to my horses behaviour problems as no other horse i saw put a hoof wrong like he did all day that i saw.... yes he did have a big whoopsy daisy... he is an animal- they all have their bad days... schooling wise he is training elimentary and is a pleasure to be around 99.999% of the time. he just had an off moment... prob caused by my nerves or gas... LOL! change of hay maybe... bwahaha
    thanks to gosnells for a great day - and for everyone telling me to just go in and do it!!

final word- hunter-if you dont like it- dont go- or maybe give Jan a call- she is looking for help for our section of the hunter association if you want to see change... other wise dont spoil a great event with your silly comments.

16. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

Well I have to thank Hunter for making me go on the AHHA and look at the rules ect. I have learnt about a class that I have not had experience in.

Interesting to note that one of the featured horses on the home page has quarter markings, and others with quite clear indications of make up.

17. kateyyy

kateyyy New Member

doesss anyone know who the photographer was.. and are photos up yet?

18. Missbella

Missbella New Member

redfoto RedFoto Event Photography

19. kateyyy

kateyyy New Member

thankyouuu :)

20. Does anyone have the results from the Hunter Hacks?

Hunter - maybe you saw people coming out of the rider classes and going into the hunter classes? Show horses and hunters are separate at this show. Have to agree on the quarter markers though, some people are overdoing it in these classes, if they are applied they need to be kept minimal.