Gosnells Masters - Results 2010

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Tallarook, Aug 28, 2010.

1. tammyprez

tammyprez Well-known Member

Well done Nellie!! u did fantastic... i think u should be happy with that:D

2. chanel

chanel Well-known Member

sorta am not really you know how i am

3. tammyprez

I know i know but u really do need to be happy with that... Remember me and Prez at first?!?!?!? who would of thought i'd be doing what i'm doing now with him... and same with u and charlie... Didnt he used to be such a handful at first???

Be proud chanel...

someone back me up*#)

4. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

I think I was riding in the warmup at some stage with you (chanel) and your horse looked really calm and lovely to ride, you look to make a great team, I was too busy with my greenie to watch the rings but you should be happy with those results, in such competition too! Don't forget its just one judges opinion!

5. tammyprez

My thoughts exactly Tarz:D

6. Fortune

Fortune New Member

Anyone know who the photographers were that were there today? (If they're not advertisers, PM me :))

7. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Congratulations Ro, Rhys and Jessica.

Yay to Richard too :D

8. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Congrats to the SHC on another very well run show :)*

Also, MASSIVE congrats to Helen and Clint with their Show Hunter Champ, Scorpio with her big wins, Aryline with special Fox and Keralyn for not only her Reserve but also breeding the winner. Certainly looks good on paper seeing the 2 Redlines :)*

Also thanks to Rob, Roanna and Kiara for all the support they gave my cousin after he started his show with a fall off his pony. He improved in leaps and bounds and ended up winning a 2nd of 6 in his last class! It was only his and the ponies 2nd show and his first show doing walk/trot/canter :)

9. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

The classes you cannot remember are -
    3rd in your height
    3rd Ladies
    2nd Med/Heavyweight

Cheer up honey - you did marvelously well
    Not everyone managed to get placed in all their classes!
    **)

10. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

Hey Kimaley, do you know something I dont. I thought it was a Gosnells run show? I is confused LOL :eek:

11. Bubbles

Bubbles Well-known Member

Yes you are correct this show is run by Gosnells Riding and Pony club and with the very generous sponsorship from Saddleworld Maddington.

The SHC approve the program and the winners qualify for the grand nationals if they fit the registration rules etc.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  12. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

oops i think Kimaley ment to say Great Job Gosnells Masters on another brilliant year.

Out of interest nanna, how long has the masters ben going?? I remember in 1989 doing my first one but it was called something else?

Well done all, one of my fav shows of the year :)* and a big thank you to Saddleworld Maddington on their continued support :)

13. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Sorry, shoulda been Gosnells :p

14. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

Yes has been going for as long as I can remember
    Used to be called The Gosnells Winter Hack Spectatuclar (or something like that) ......Dear Mrs Pat Jones was great with coming up with new good names!

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone
    We run the show but the programme is edited and approved by the SHCWA before it is published

Cheers:)*

15. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Congrats on everyone's results :) The photos are great and show some VERY nice horses/ponies. A friend of mine took her daughter and their pony in the unofficial leadline and came home with Champion so well done Bec

16. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

195 horses over the 2 days !!!

17. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

We had a fantastic weekend with REdline Classic Edition and Bronte Adams placing third in their rider class on Saturday in a very strong field I heard.
    Then it was home for a rest and prep again for Sunday.
    Bronte and Fox placed second in a very large strong class of Galloways ridden by a child. Well Done Bronte.
    Rhys was called second in his rider in the first split but ended up unplaced he was just happy to be called in in such a big class of 18 - 21 yr old riders.

Fox then had a few hours tied to the float before the show hunters in the afternoon.
    He won the large galloway Show Hunter height class. Did not enter the weight class and then won champion large show hunter galloway.
    We were so proud of the two of them even though Fox put in a flying change and a pigroot the judge actually came and spoke to us afterwards and told us how much he liked Fox and what a quality animal he was and that he was prepared to overlook the error in the workout for this reason. He also said he was his stand out pick of the whole weekend.
    Talk about happy. It was so nice to get such lovely feed back and especially when a judge approaches you and its not you chasing the judge for a chat :)

Big decision now is do we head to Grand Nationals or not LOL

Huge thanks to Saddleworld Maddington for the lovely embroidered rug, Endeavon products for the tub of Vitafit on show, Issy Leppard for the lovely garland and Gosnells Pony club for a well run event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hunter Hacks

Having just recently moved to Perth and visiting this show as a spectator ( one of the first shows I have seen here ) I make the following comments

1. Well done to the organizers for a very well coordinated show. PA information was great.

2. What a disappointment to see horses that were clearly not attired, presented or behaving correctly win hunter classes - the criteria is very well defined. Excessive make up, quarter marking or bad manners ( amongst other things ) are NOT ALLOWED.

3. A hack and a hunter have two separate criteria, the true correctly presented and behaved hunters yesterday had no chance against the horses that had just come out of the Show Horse classes.

What intrigues me is that there is a clear panel of judges on the AHHA ( Australian Hunter Horses ) assoc website that understand what a true hunter is how it should be presented and how it should behave.

Personally i would have been offended to have had to pay the $50 entry fee plus ground fee to have been judged as a hack when entering as a hunter ( for most horses they had 2 classes according to the program )

This will certainly make me think twice about entering hunter classes in WA. A shame really as this is a new class and needs all the support it can get.

If organizers want the support of competitors for longevity of these classes then maybe they need to ensure they have the suitably knowledgeable judge.

Sorry to go on but if I had been a competitor I would more than likely have laid an official protest.

19. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

This is a results and photo's thread. Maybe start another thread with your dis-satisfaction of our show hunters#( Not wise coming on here and tarnishing others results. Just a thought.

20. Hunter

Hunter New Member

I'm not unhappy with the show hunters here just the fact that yesterday they were not judged true to type and the criteria.
    I actually feel for those whose horses were correctly presented/attired and that showed the required temperament, what a huge waste of their time and money. I'm sure if they wanted to be judged as a Show horse that is what they would have entered.#(