Good Vibes Needed For Little Suga...

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by PINTO1980, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

OMG Kylie I have missed all this being off line, OMG mate I didn't know she was so bad far out I am so so sorry for not asking you on Sunday I feel like a right bugger now, the poor little chicken but I did flick back a few pages & she looks so much happier in the last lot of pics (& love the reno to your house it looks mint)

We must come for a visit & a BBQ & foal cuddles **)

2. Petite Pastures

Petite Pastures Well-known Member

Lets have another stud visit BBQ at Kylies YAY!!!!!!!!!
    Last one was a blast :)

psssst Sandy,hurry up and put that paperwork in for the number plates .... am going mad waiting LOL

3. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Lol its ok...... you silly bugger.

The vet has seen her & is happy with how she's doing.
    The only things that arent as good with her is the flexibility in her neck. She cant hold her neck up high as a horse normally would (like in play, when hooning or trying to reach up high etc), but she can carry her head well without any issues.
    And the fact her neck is rock hard, not swollen no more just very hard & some slight thickening, which may stay.

But apart from that, she's perfectly fine!! :)*

Ahhhh BBQ hey, wait till the extension is finished lol.... its only been like 11 mths, pmsl! :D

4. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

oh really Ky... like teej's Oh I hope it softens over time for her, I suppose as she is so young that could be in her favour couldnt it? her muscles are still growing and developing

5. Ritadee

Ritadee New Member

I'm so glad for you Remaani,**) Suga is looking so good,:D:))

6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Just an update.

Suga is doing VERY well, infact she's had no more on/off swelling of her neck/gullet area & has put on alot of weight & just looking sooo much better.
    Ask Croft! :)*

These were taken a few days ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Compared to these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
  7. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

Looking good....no reason why you can't show her again!

Interesting to see it was also caused by Celluilitis, so here's hope that my boy will heal up just fine!

8. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

WOW she is lookin good!!!!

9. milzenzab

milzenzab Active Member

That would of been the most stressful time of your life. Well at least now you might get some sleep at night. I hope that she contuines to improve and will be back in the ring asap.

10. miniequine

miniequine Well-known Member

suga

Hi Kylie, I didn't realize Suga was still being treated, Must have been a traumatic time for both of you, I see she has put on lots of weight which is great , I wish her a speedy and complete recovery. Tough little beggars minis which is good. She has all the good vibes I can muster up heading her way. All the best from me and my girls plus one boy.

11. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Cheers guys, i am just soo happy with how she's doing!! :)*

Miniequine, she wasn't really being treated as such (well since her neck had healed up & thanks to my vet Gill), but she was on bute 2 sep times after the sores on her neck healed as swelling had came back but nothing to the extent it 1st was.

She's certainly feeling good, that good she has been deemed "weanling nanny" & is doing a bloody good job. She puts them in their spot. ;)
    The weight she lost was terrible, sooo quick, yet its been slow to get back on, which for a mini is strange.
    Though everything about her, weight, neck, attitude (well she's still bossy :D) & coat condition has greatly improved. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
  12. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

Well done Remaani - she looks great :)

13. Ziggy the Piggy

Ziggy the Piggy Active Member

Well done Remaani, she looks so improved, its truely a miricle....thanks go to you, and all your hard work and dedication. Hopefully our thoughts sent your way have helped to know we are here, backing you up, and wishing you all the very best for your little Suga,

You have given Suga the best chance, and she is a quiet fighter, She will
    pull herself up out of this and shine on as all again.:):):):)

Good luck to you and also to Suga, all the best.

14. Ritadee

Ritadee New Member

Looking great Remanni, you must be so relieved :D**). Thumbs up for all your hard work and patience, and lots and lots of love and attention, she's one lucky pony to have you.:)) (they all are)