Gnangara Stockie Ride - Easter Mon

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by nannygoat, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

so annoyed at myself for not going!

Found out last night we were apparantely hosting a family easter brekkie (WTF!) and the buggers didn't show grrr family.

hope there's another one soon!!!

2. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

awesome pics!!!

if theres another 'walking' one LOL ill def wish to join in :)

3. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Yay for stockie friendship!!

Boo to my troll of a mare for spoiling my legendary yapping techniques and behaving as the local juvenile delinquent lolol
    And you might think she was tired?? Well apparently not judging by the hooning around the paddock when she got home v v strange.

Was a lovely time and met some new lovely peoples.

Great pics Blitzen, I have to say that your boy is a total winner and am sure the butt blister was worth it..............pmsl

4. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I had a great time too :) Even though I felt a bit out of place on the only chestnut :eek: Out of 14 horses there was one chestnut, one appy, one buckskin and the rest were bay or brown ROFL.

Will definitely go again :)*

5. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

I have some pics mostly of horse and human arses since we were at the back. haha.

here you go.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

6. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Marlee you did so well and your girl is so cute the way she chats away to the other horses.

NG- Awe she's just a babe, must be so friggin exciting for them when they aren't used to seeing so many other horses. Poppy has had her moments too when I went to ride with Lin around the SEC I had to get off. but she's much better handling the excitement now she's had more exposure. Thanks to having a float now.

Lin - as always awesome to see you.

Mirawee - Folly was a star even if he was the only ranga.

Blitzen - your horse is such a dude. Nothing fazed him.

AmandaSmith- Kim looks fab after coming back from having her bubby.

Noelle - great to meet you.

EC and OC great meeting you both.

My Poppy girl was very forward to begin with and then worked out pretty quick this was going to be a long ride in sand and so true to form fell back to hold the rear position. She had a couple of excited moments which compared to some didn't rate. LOL.

It was great meeting more Stockies. I think we left the place pretty spotless. I took a photo of the back of my float before we drove off just for my own records. LOL.

7. kimbo

kimbo Well-known Member

Looks like you guys had a ball!

Man I would stand out like a sore thumb in that crowd all you guys look so lovely when you trail ride! I am always in a cowgirl shirt with my collar up, jeans, cowboy boots and an akubra! haha such a bogan! but I have fun and that's what ocounts:)*

8. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Great ride and great pics :)*. Was good to catch up again plus meet some new stockies and a couple who arent stockies. Spring was a pain in the a**e. Anytime we went past a path that headed home she jig jogged. Think she needs more time out there.

Well done for organising nannygoat **), hope the lunch afterwards was good. Look forward to the next one.

9. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

was lovely day out for a ride today!
    thanks for organsising it nannygoat!

sorry i couldnt chat more but wee has to be at the front or all hell breaks loose... :/ wish we could have stayed around for a chat after but had wees chiro due at 1! DOH!

oh well- will be in for the next one!

yes Wee is pretty small ;) especially next to his new bet mate baldy!! Mirawee thought there was only baldy in the float till we dropped the back door hahahaha could barely see his ears :)

thanks OC for taking us!! should go out more often! let me know about your lessons and a trip to DD!!! oh and RED LIGHT! hahaha

10. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

spewin i missed it, was sposed to ride with group at jarrahdale, but that fell thru. Plus i still have 9 BAS to get done this weekend ( argh! tomorrow!) so staying home and working was probably for the best, beautiful day tho, and looks like Chip would be sound in on those tracks! please please do it again soon! I will be in for sure @)

11. Nannoo

Nannoo Well-known Member

Deb - the ride the ladies did is only just up the road from us - you're welcome to come over and ride out from ours.

Just have to be careful you take the right horse home! :)*

12. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

You couldn't see those even when he had his head down ROFL *#)

13. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

nice pics, marianne. i love that section of bush. we used to be able to get in around the lake, but that's all fenced off now. ah well.

14. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

That's a shame, we rode around the lake once before and had a grand old time.

15. PetaBizz

PetaBizz Well-known Member

I had such a great time.. we were late *#) Very naughty but still got to meet mostly everyone and have a good chat..