Gnangara Stockie Ride - Easter Mon

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by nannygoat, Mar 31, 2011.

1. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Come visit us :)

Does she get worried about male horses or male people? Don't know that their are many male people coming :p And I am sure we could keep her away from any male horses she decides she doesn't like :)*

We are only walking ;) And have a few experienced horses coming as well as babies :)

2. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Marlee my mare has a bit of a hit n miss attitude as well. I figure worst thing happens I just get off and lead her for a bit.
    I think you should come and play it by ear - lots of patience for tomoz.

3. Marlee

Marlee Well-known Member

Male horses generally, although she doesn't like the odd male person either but usually has good reason lol!!!

I have ridden her with other geldings and she hasn't had a problem but sometimes there is just one gelding (doesn't even have to be a stallion) and she goes nuts. All the exposure to different horses will make her better though.

4. Marlee

Marlee Well-known Member

Thanks Nannygoat, Mirawee, if it is acceptable to get off and walk, then I feel a bit better. I just don't want to ruin it for anyone else by slowing you all down etc.

I'll be there, can't wait to meet more horsie people. :)

5. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Marlee, no one got hurt getting off. If you don't feel safe no one is going to think any less of you if you get off. We all want to end the day happy and safe.:D

We will see you all in the morning, with my filthy horse. Hopefully the weather will be nice as in not pouring. I am looking foward to it.**)

6. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Can I just ask because I am not familiar with this area. I am just looking at google maps. It has the cul de sac, Lenzo ct that runs beside the park. Is that where we are meeting or actually on Lorian Road itself?

7. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

yes that would be it Marianne. sorry lol but figured you all smart people and would see the horse floats!!

8. Marlee

Marlee Well-known Member

haha, if your horse has to be clean, then there is no way I can make it lol!!

Maybe we can put the flithy ones at the back :) I'll ride by you Marianne **)

9. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

I am always at the back coz we are SLOW. haha

10. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Marianne has a nice girl horse as well Marlee ;)

11. Marlee

Marlee Well-known Member

Well I'm very glad that my girl isn't in season, then you would see nice lol!!!;)

12. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

mines dark so doesn't show the dirt!

he's a boy too, marlee, but he hates everyone, no one is special.

13. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Looks like I'll be eating Easter eggs and drinking Ginger beer for lunch. Got no food!

14. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

wow. what a GREAT morning! thanks nanny for organising it, lin for the easter eggs, CWAC & CWAC's mum for hanging out & keeping the fort, plus all the awesome people who came. i really enjoyed myself. it was a lovely ride & the little bit of rain yesterday really made the bush smell delightful. sitting around at the end was the funnest part. as for me, even my old lady barebacking (with a BB pad) has not prevented the elusive butt blister from appearing! yowch!

well done marlee for getting out with your mare too! she's delightful.

oh, and ladies, i had a squizzy at the roadside as i drove home. very noice & neat!

[​IMG]
    Omega Conquest with her beautiful Baldy & Excelsior Centerpiece with wicked Wee-man, pre-ride. with Lin & Marianne in the back, plus a friend.

[​IMG]
    marlee, marianne, mirawee, amandasmith & me on the far right. plus some interlopers. :p

[​IMG]
    amanda smith, me, lin, nannygoat, noelle, OC & EC.
    petabizz & her friend came as well but they missed the group photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    blurry, but i was taking photos backwards. hard!

15. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

had a lovely lunch with you all afterwards but next time im riding*#)

oh i didnt realise wee-man was quite so wee

16. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    best view. my pony was SO frigging awesome. i'm so lucky to have such a nice pony to nab & go for a jaunt every so often. he's such a good boy. and old-lady bareback too!

[​IMG]
    through the beautiful gnangara bush. too bad so many !@#!@s would rather dump their rubbish here than pay $30 to take it to the tip! it's really a shame. and dangerous too!

[​IMG]
    and my cat when i got home. what cat, i hear you ask?????

17. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

yeah we shouldn't wait so long between rides!

18. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Thanks for the pics, Blitzen!

I didn't get to talk to hardly anyone because Saxon the Mental was jogging his way up to the front the whole time. Tool. Looks like the back and middle of the ride was where it was at. :)

Thanks Blitzen and Noelle for knowing where to go!

19. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

sooo jealous ladies!!!
    i miss riding those trails weekly
    looks like you all had a ball :)

20. Marlee

Marlee Well-known Member

Thanks Ladies, I had a wonderful time and it was so good for my girl. I won't be half as wussy next time lol!!!

It was lovely to meet you all, sorry Noelle my girl wouldn't let me get near your lovely horse to say hello, hopefully will catch up again one day.