" Glo-Chestnut "

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by ~Skippy~, Oct 2, 2008.

1. ~Skippy~

~Skippy~ New Member

Hi,
    I am taking my liver chestnut to the royal on Saturday.
    I purchased 'Equinade Glo-chestnut shampoo from horseland this morning and am wondering what other peolpe think of it and if they would or would'nt recommend using it.
    I have also been told it darkens the coat and if so how much :confused:
    Thanks

2. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

hahah love this stuff. though it depends what colour chestnut you have it can turn some pink so.. though it worked really well on my old chestnut boy who was not very dark but not light .. though do watch out for the chestnuts on their legs you will turn them pink if not care full and just make sure you apply the shampoo evenly other wize you will end up with splotches :)

good luck

3. Evered

Evered Well-known Member

I have used it and found it does not make a difference on my chestnuts, but that said there is no harm in giving it a go. Just make sure you wear gloves, as it will turn your hands orange!

4. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

I thought the glo-chestnut was more designed for the lighter chestnuts, not liver chestnuts. You'd probably be better off going for the glo-bay for a liver chestnut.
    A friend has used it on her chestnut and it didnt make much of a difference at all.
    I was going to try it on my chestnut when I had to clip him only 10 days before a big show but when I clipped him he went from bright (but darkish) chestnut to liver chestnut so I didn't bother, I was going to use it if he went apricot when I clipped him.

5. ~Skippy~

~Skippy~ New Member

thanks for the advice guys,althought it dose sounds very risky for the royal.

6. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

Ive used glo bay and thought it was good gave him a nice shine and a dark rich colour. Maybe just dont leave it on for that long and if it doesnt work scrub him in nappy san! to get the colour out :)

Good luck for the royal!

7. ~Skippy~

~Skippy~ New Member

thank for the advice Valencia Park Monty:)*

8. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

I'd use globay for a liver chestnut too :)

9. ASIFBYMAGIC

ASIFBYMAGIC New Member

Glo - Chestnut

Works well on Palaminos