Gidgegannup S/j final

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Dashbabe, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

Hi,
    The gidge showjumping final is on Saturday the 21st.
    you have to have been to one of the other days of the series.
    i think youre only eligble to compete in the class youre qualified for on that horse.

im taking Dash and princess :)

Dash- 60cm. 70cm. 85cm
    Princess- 50cm. 60cm. she will also be doing training rounds :))

who else is going? :)

2. lil bec

lil bec Well-known Member

yep will be taking poppy!!!!

3. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

so are you allowed to do a training round if you havent been to a previous one? i REALLY need to practice my s/j!!!

4. Little Bean

Little Bean Well-known Member

I called yesterday to ask that question Heif and was told I can enter the competitive rounds (training rounds too little for us) but it would be a training round or an HC round as I haven't been to any of the other events.

Dashbabe if you're in the know or can double check this it would be appreciated :)

5. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

Yep I will be going, doing the 70cms & 75-85cms on the big guy.

I was under the understanding you just had to compete at a previous one of these shows to be eligible to compete at the final. If you have to compete in the same classes that you qualified in that's kind of going to be a bit annoying as my horse is now ready to jump the higher classes.....also is this a high-point thing across all series? ......Dashbabe can you clear this up too? Thanks.

:))

6. Happy Gambler

Happy Gambler Well-known Member

Yep, we'll be there. Hoping for no rain!

7. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

if thats the case with being able to go if you havent been to any of the other days i really need to get my boy out some more i will ring and find out tonight

8. Dashbabe

little bean- i think that should be fine :)
    jump off- to my understanding its not a high piont thing, i think its just whoever wins the class on the day type thing. it should be alright for you to do the same as little bean, but maybe phone just to check it, as id hate for people to turn up and not be able to do the class they wanted :(

heifer- you shouldnt have to have been to one of the previes ones to do training rounds. maybe just phone and check tho, as im not the one running this! :)

9. lil bec

oh hopefully you can do other rounds, rather than just the ones you have already completed in. it will be such a lonely day if jump off doesnt come lol :D

10. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

why o why is it on a saturday lol! I have wadyra so wont be able to make it :( once again my s/j gets neglected!

11. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

I thought it was on the 22nd ..a sunday??

[edited to add] - Hon hasn't done a round of the gidgey training XC days at all .. (or ever hehe) - We can still go out and do a training xc round, yea? We're not overly fussed about the Sj (we couldn't do that in a training round aswell .. could we?)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  12. tammy07

its not xc training its just sj i thought it was the 22nd too but looked in the paper and its on the sat

13. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Aww bugger! ah well :) Have fun to those who are competing in the SJ! Good luck to you all :D

..dont suppose there are any other training days on the 22nd? lol

14. Dashbabe

so final count? whos def going!!

goodluck everyone!!!

15. tammy07

ill be there will c ya tomoz kristen ive got the big bay horse with stars on his bum lol

16. lil bec

it was a pretty good day :) Dashbabe was that you that won the 70 and the 75-85?? i got 4th in 70 and 3rd in 75-85 :) very happy with poppy she is such a good girlie :D

17. Dashbabe

yer it was lil bec :) poppys so cute!!

so happy with how all my ponies went!

Dash- 60cm- 2nd
    -70cm- 1st
    - 75/85- 1st
    Princess- 50cm- 3rd
    60cm-4th
    Mickey-50cm-4th

ill aim to get the photos up eventually, but the computers not working properly so it might take a while :(

18. tammy07

i went hc today merl was ok until the 85 clas little turd didnt want to go away from the gate trying to get to the second jump was a disaster he reared bloody high and i bailed haha i really didnt want a 16.3 hand horse on top of me caught me by surprise hes never done anything like that before i was so mad oh well bessie and little isabelle did really well so proud of them izzy fell off and got straight back on and do the next class up well done to every1 today
    becky did u do the 90 -1.05 on poppy???

19. GiGi

GiGi Guest

any more results ?? and piccies please..............

20. Little Bean

Little Bean Well-known Member

LOLz Tammy07... I was the one who helped walk your guy out after his little dummy spit ;) hope you guys are ok.

I just went HC with my girl was nice to have some good rounds after the mental block I've been trying to deal with (mine not the horse). We had a clear round in the 70 and just one rail in the 85 and I swear it was the wind that did it *#)

All up very happy with my baby she's starting to understand what 'wait' means :D